Thursday, May 28, 2015

Tender Tinder is not so tender

So Tinder has turned out to be yet another source of discouragement, this time around. It always is, in a way, due to the dumb and trashy guys that are perpetually found on the app. But this time around, the discouragement came a lot quicker. It was fun and exciting and gave me something to hope for for a bit, but that turned quickly into frustration and discouragement when a few guys that seemed legit, like they were actually cool, nice, normal guys, messaged me, and then after I responded, never messaged back.
For example, this guy who looked cool, like someone I could go well with, had a BYU hat on with a CURVED brim in one picture, was tall, had good teeth, and in his little profile blurb said, "and don't worry, if we match, I'll be a man and message you first" which I was like, awesome, I'm all about that. So I liked him, and we matched, and then lo and behold, within probably twelve hours he messaged me, and said, "Hi Melissa! Where are you from?" And I was like, sweet! He's even good on his word! So I replied and said, "Hey, I'm from here in SLC, you?"
And then nothing. NOTHING. Nothing ever again.

The other message that was most frustrating this time was this guy who was tall and pretty cute, not one I was so hoping would message me, but seemed decent. But then with his message he became more attractive. He said, "I'm interested in you. You have a genuine smile and I would honestly love to get to know what makes you happy." I was so flattered. And it was so refreshing. What a sincere, honest message. So I wrote back and thanked him and said something like, "Hey, thank you, that's really nice of you. You seem like a good guy yourself, who I wouldn't mind getting to know as well. What makes me happy..lots of things.." And then I listed a few, like my family, good friends, good relationships, teaching, my job, feeling like I've made a difference in someone's day, etc. And then asked him a couple questions, like what had brought him to Utah. He had mentioned in his blurb that he'd been here for ten years. Anyway, I was excited about this guy. He was tall and cute, but seemed like he had a sort of quiet confidence and kindness that was attractive. But guess what. After that, never heard from him again. !!!

It makes me so mad! They get my hopes up for normal good guys still existing and that maybe they are one, and then those hopes get dashed! I just want to yell at these guys and say, "What do you want??!?! What are you looking for??? What did you want me to say?!?!?!" It's so annoying and frustrating. I'm pretty much over Tinder again already, and it's only been like two weeks or something since I got back on. Actually like a week I think. Not very long. This is record time that I'm getting Tindered out. Haven't even gone on a date and I'm Tindered out!

No comments:

Post a Comment