Yesterday was a big milestone. I feel like I befriended an enemy.
There's a nurse that I work with, Maegan Gillis. She is the Clinical Nurse Coordinator, so she has an office and is part of administration on our floor. Sometimes she helps out on the floor too.
But I haven't really liked her for a while, I have felt like she talks down to people, to me, and haven't loved how she goes about teaching, usually.
I also don't like not liking someone. There have been two people at work that I don't really like, Andrea (another nurse, still working on that one), and Maegan. And I've prayed off an on for help to like them.
Yesterday Maegan and I ended up on our lunch break in the break room at the same time. I almost didn't take mine then when I saw her in there. But I decided to anyway because I really wanted to eat the ribs waiting for me from one of my patients (amazing). Maegan and I ended up chatting a bunch, about our different fun summer plans and trips, and about running and races. She is just getting into running and is planning on doing a race a month this summer, and I was telling her about Ragnar and the sprint triathlon (Wendy's) that I'm planning on doing this weekend.
It was actually really enjoyable to talk to her, and I felt like it was an answer to prayer, to have that interaction with her and the chance to like her better.
Then I ended up sending her an email last night because I failed at getting to her office for my staff picture before she went home, and her response was so friendly! I was so grateful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment