Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Another let down, what's new..

So...pretty sure Brian Fleming is not the one. Also pretty sure I will not be hearing from him again.
The date went fine, I even thought it was going really well. We went to dinner, and talked and talked and talked. He's really good at conversation, and I'm okay too, so there was never really any awkward silence or anything. Never much silence at all. We even sat there at the table for an extra thirty min or so after we were done eating, just talking.
But he took me right home after, I was home before 8:30 pm. Ha! And I was planning on a late night... He did have to work at 5 am the next morning, but still.
Then in response the next day to my post date text that night, he said thanks for coming! And that it was good to get to know me better.
Dang. Not super encouraging.
This was very discouraging and hard for a day or two after. I really thought we'd hit it off and that things would happen. But once again, not so much.
But I'm feeling better about things, maybe he's not everything I need/look for anyway. He was slightly boastful a few times. He does wear A&F brand clothing (I don't love brand names, or at least when they are printed in large obvious letters). And I get the feeling he didn't grow up in as "humble" circumstances as me. Which is fine, but even after that first date, I was feeling less comfortable about the car I drive (my Teal Mobile, my Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight), and was embarrassed at the thought of him knowing.
And obviously a lot of that is me assuming and being judgmental. But maybe it helps me feel better about a situation that I have no control over..

No comments:

Post a Comment