Sunday, June 8, 2014

Another date with Brian Fleming..what?

So totally out of the blue, as I was taking a break yesterday (Sat.) from our yard clean-up project, just sitting here in my room on the floor, I get a text from Brian Fleming, the guy who I was pretty sure I would never hear from again, and he wants to know how I'm doing, and that he knows this is last minute, but what am I up to tonight?
I couldn't believe it.
I told him no set plans, and then he asked if I would like to go to the Bees game with him and his cousin and her boyfriend. First of all, the Bees game? Ha, that's ironic. That's what Andy didn't want to do..interesting.
but of course I said sure, that sounded fun!
I wasn't totally excited about it, but I wasn't dreading it either. Partly because of the current Andy situation, and how full my heart was for him at the moment; but also because of the lack of hearing from Brian. So I thought it would probably be a fun night, but had no expectations at this point.

Well, turns out it was a really fun night. I mean, really fun. Brian is a very good dater, he definitely knows how to treat a girl well. He is a great gentleman--always opens my door, buys me whatever I want for dinner, etc., but what I was most impressed with that night was when we walked to and from the stadium, he always walked on the outside of me, toward the street. I've seen one, maybe two, other guys do that on dates, ever. My Dad does it too. But I was super impressed he did that.

But he was just so fun to be with, he's really great at conversation and asking questions, and I asked them back too. I was more comfortable with him last night than before, so my sarcastic, joking side came out more in the beginning, and then by the end I was just on one, and we were both cracking up through out the night. He was reacting really well to my humor, thought I was really funny, which only eggs me on, haha. In the car after, I had made a joke, and he laughed pretty good, and then said something like, "I have to tell you, I really really really really really appreciate your sarcasm." Haha! That totally made my day! He said that he is kind of particular about sarcasm, and that if when he first meets someone they are all sarcastic with him, he's like, who are you? You don't know me.. But he said that that first time we talked at the speed dating activity, he didn't really get any from me, and then on our first date he caught some here and there, and then tonight on this date--then I don't remember what he said about that current date, that I was a lot more or something..and that he loved it, or something. I was just laughing, flattered and kind of giddy that he thought I was funny. And I was like, "So the second date isn't too soon..?" Haha, and he was like no!  Oh, funny. That kind of made my day.

At some point in the evening, we were just chatting, looking at each other, and he says, "You have fabulously blue eyes." Wow. WOW. I was totally flattered, that was so nice. And I loved that he was comfortable complementing me, at all, and already.

When dropping me off, he made reference to the ongoing joke we'd had all night, about me being miserable, and I was laughing, and then he gave me a good hug. As he was getting back in his car, he sincerely thanked me, which did not happen after the first date, not like that. So I felt excited about the good possibility of him asking me out again.

Today, during church, he actually texted me and thanked me again for last night (which also didn't happen last time), and told me good luck on my lesson, and that it was gonna be great! I was so excited to see that text! Kind of couldn't believe it. We have the same calling, haha, Temple Committee Co-Chair (I think that's what it is, haha), and I had mentioned that I was teaching today.

After church I texted him back, and we texted a little bit, I asked him what he usually does on Sundays, and he asked me back, but that was about it. I was kind of hoping he would want to do something tonight, because he leaves tomorrow (I think) for Chicago til Friday for work. But no luck on seeing him tonight, but that's fine, I need to not want to rush things. I've still got the Andy thing, and slow is good. Slow is good. I just had so much fun with him last night, and I think the feeling was mutual, which was amazing. And Brian is a good guy, not perfect, he's a little boastful about some things occasionally, but no one is perfect, right? And he wears name brand clothes...but I've decided if that's the worst thing, I can deal with it.. haha.

Is that bad that I'm already thinking of a future with Brian, when just two days ago I was an emotional mess over the thought of losing Andy? Oh man, this dating thing is such an emotional rollercoaster..

No comments:

Post a Comment