Monday, February 3, 2014

Two days after..and Kory vs. Andy

I still miss Andy. I miss him and have been thinking about him much more than I thought I would. I'm surprising myself.
I have been praying to meet someone that I am a better fit with or click with more, kind of to, well, for one, help me not miss Andy so much; but to also help me see how there could be someone better for me, that I could like even more. Personality-wise.

So today I get a text from Kory Fleming, who lives in our ward but has never actually come to our ward because he has had a big calling in his ward that he moved from, and just kept going to his ward (still in our stake, I think? maybe not.), but his roommates are in our ward, and so he shows up to things every now and then. So today he texted me and said, "Surprise text! What's going on for fhe tonight?"

So he shows up tonight, and I had gotten there late and was just standing by the doorway in the gym of the Gregson building, chatting with the Whites, and he walks in. I was excited to see him. I always like being around Kory, we get along really well, I feel like we have compatible personalities, and senses of humor. One thing I love about him is he thinks I'm funny, in the way that I really want my husband to.

We ended up chatting pretty much the whole time, while watching the ward Olympics being played. And it wasn't like he was so into me he couldn't stop talking to me, he's never like that (of course not), but we always get along really well and are able to talk really easily. He is in a situation right now that I have basically been in, with trying to decide and figure out what to do with his life and what medical career path to choose, his choices being between PA and med school. I briefly told him how I'd basically been there, trying to decide between PA and nursing school, and what happened and how I'd ended up as a nurse. He was totally surprised and said he didn't know I had thought about PA school before, and then in a very interested tone asked what I was doing now, was I in school, etc..? I told him, and he said something like, "why have you never told me about your whole life??" And I was like, "well, you've never asked!" And he was like, "...well..that's because you're always asking me..!" And in my head I was like, Yeah, hello, I've noticed. You rarely ask me about me. But I was like, "Well, whose fault is that..?" all in good fun, of course.

So we kept chatting and I felt like him knowing more about my background and that I went the PA route for a little bit, and what I'm doing now somehow caught his interest a little more than it has before, because throughout the rest of the evening, or next hour or so, as we chatted, and as Jamie came over and chatted with us, every now and then we'd be talking about something, like basketball, and he'd ask me if I like that. Or sushi, "do you like sushi?" The hopeful Melissa thought it seemed like he might be asking me those things to get to know me better, or to ask me on a date in the future. But it's certainly never happened before, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

But after we all left the church (and it seemed like he didn't want to leave or part with us), I was thinking a lot about him, I just really like the guy, I feel like we have very compatible personalities and standards, I like a lot of things about him. He is a great guy. And I texted him about something we had been talking about (how he thinks all women would like to date Nick Anderson, his friend and used-to-be-roommate), and we joked back and forth a little via text (until I said something I later realized was dumb, ha. Oh, well), and I would love to go out with him or spend more time with him.

But then I got home (hung out at JW's for a while) and started thinking about Andy again, and began missing him again. I felt like it was a blessing seeing Kory tonight, because I feel like he is evidence that there are guys with personalities that I click with better than Andy, but at the same time, I miss feeling wanted. Andy made me feel so wanted, right from the start, and anytime I was with him especially. And I miss that so much. I've known Kory for almost a year now and he's never done anything. Whenever we chat I feel like we click so well and that it would be fun to spend more time together, and it seems like he has a good time too and likes talking to me, but then nothing more. Ever. But Andy makes me feel so loved/liked and wanted. Can I just get a balance?

I miss Andy. He's so great, I really love him. So much. And Kory didn't smell anywhere near as good as Andy does. Mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment