Tuesday, February 11, 2014

PS. I love my job

I really do. I kind of always dread going, but I almost always love it there. It pretty much always goes by fast, day or night shift, whether it's crazy or not, and I really like the people I work with, nurses and aides both. The other night I was on the low number end, with the aides Jackie and Krystal, and right at the beginning of the shift Jackie passed by me and was so excited to see me, she hugged me when she learned I was just getting there and not just leaving, it totally made my day! And then, not long after that, as I was getting myself together to start caring for my patients, the three of us were at computers in the nursing station and Krystal was like, "I'm so glad you're working tonight, you're one of my favorite nurses to work with!" What?? Holy cow, so nice!! I was so touched and flattered! I told her thank you so much and was like, "Really?? Why?" And she said cuz I was so nice or something. I was so flattered, and THAT totally made my day even more! Oh man. I mean, I just feel like I'm still so new and just hadn't really considered that people like working with me like that, I don't know. I was just so flattered. It meant so much to me and was a huge confidence booster. I was so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment