Monday, December 16, 2013

Andy update..I guess I'll date him :)

So Andy and I went out again three nights ago, and in summary, it wasn't a super great date until the end. He came up, picked me up, we went to dinner at this Thai place downtown that he'd heard about, then to the Lower Lights concert at the Masonic Temple downtown. At dinner and then before the concert started, he did most of the talking. He just wasn't as great at conversation as usual. So I was kind of bored and slightly annoyed, not really feeling it by the time the concert started. And then the concert was fine, I don't really love their music, it's a little too folk-y for me, but since it was Christmas songs it was more fun. And some of the songs I liked more than others. So it was enjoyable enough. Andy had his arm around me for about the second half or so, so that made it more enjoyable.
Then we went to my house, where Rosanna and Steve were picking up the kids, who were there while they had been to Steve's work Christmas dinner party. So Rosanna got to meet Andy, and we all just hung out in the kitchen for a few minutes, with the kids and brownies, while Steve and Rosanna were leaving. So that was fun. Then the Kerrs left and we went up to the living room and decided to watch a movie. We watched Day After Tomorrow, which I've always loved, and love watching in the winter, and he hadn't seen it in a while, so that was fun.
For a while, he just had his arm around me, then about half way through he grabbed my hand. One thing I love about Andy is that we don't have to go through the awkwardness of hand on the leg, etc., he just finds it and grabs it. Then towards the end of the movie he turned and hugged me, pulled back and looked at me, and then I just put my hand on the back/side of his head and kissed him. Previous to the date, I anticipated it going well, and that I would be the one to kiss him. I wanted it to be that way. And I didn't plan on doing it until he was leaving or so. But as things often do, they didn't go the way I planned, haha. He was about to kiss me, but I still kind of wanted to be the one to kiss him, maybe it's a control thing, I don't know..ha. So then we were kissing. And it was okay. Much more okay than it had been the first time. And much more welcomed. I was a lot more ready and so it was more enjoyable for me.
He toyed with french kissing, and I could tell he was holding back because I wasn't engaging in it in return. But he kept testing the waters, and it was getting harder and harder to fight it for me. So finally I brought it up and we talked about it. I told him how I felt about it, and asked him how he felt about it, and to his great credit, he just said, "Well, then I think we just shouldn't do it. That we should just stay away from that boundary." I was really impressed, and surprised actually, at his response. Also grateful, because alone I don't think I had the strength to resist it totally. And I was just the slightest bit disappointed, I'll be honest, haha, because it's never affected me in an inappropriate way, but I know it's different for guys. But my respect for him definitely grew, and I feel like we became closer with the decision, and even just because of that communication. So I'm grateful I was given the strength to talk about it.
So we kiss quite a bit, and for a while, chatting here and there between. And it was all good. When I told him toward the beginning to slow down (before the french kissing talk) he said okay, and he did. And even though we did kiss for a long time (he left at about 3 am..:S..neither of us wanted to stop, haha..), I didn't feel like there was anything inappopriate, it was all cute and fun. And after he left we talked on the phone on his way home, so he didn't fall asleep. Which he kind of actually did, TWICE, on the phone, as he was talking to me! That was kind of scary! But he made it.
Then as I went down to my room and was thinking about the night, I wasn't freaking out, and I felt okay about everything. Timing was so much better this time around, and I felt okay about just trying this thing out, dating him, and just seeing what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment