Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Great couple of shifts on AIM-A

I worked yesterday and today, and I am in week 5 of orientation (U of U Hospital), I think. Yesterday I was with Chelsie again, this time a full 12 hr shift, which I was kind of dreading, but it turned out so good! Night and day difference from the other day when I was with her. She had me take all 4 of our pts, and the day went by so fast because of that, it was so great!
Then today I was with Andrea, who I love as a nurse, and an orienter! She was so great! And the day was so great, for so many reasons:
-I felt cute
-Although at the beginning of the shift I was a little self conscious of my hair, mostly because Cody, that cute nurse (who I think, am hoping, is LDS..) who I'm becoming friends with, was there (had worked the night), and was around me, giving some of his patients to us. Anyway, these two girls, lab techs or phlebotomists, I think, randomly said to me, "Your hair is really cute!" I was just sitting at a computer, listening to someone else conversation behind me, and I turned around as they are saying this to me, and it totally made my day!
-I only had 2 pts at first, but was able to stay on top of things with just 2, and felt much more organized than I did yesterday with all 4
-I did the whole discharge process today for the first time, with one of my pts, and am so happy that I know that now
-I took 2 admits, and basically admitted them all myself (with help on the first one from Andrea). Again, I am so thrilled to feel like I know the processes of admitting and discharging now, and am not afraid of those! Yay!
-Andrea was an awesome orienter. She is a great nurse, really chill, a great teacher, answered all my questions, taught me things in a way that is so easy to understand, was willing to help me with anything anytime, and always made sure I was doing okay, but left me to my own to take care of my pts. It was such a great shift!
-Cody worked again tonight, which I knew he did b/c I asked him this morning if he was back tonight, so I was looking forward to seeing him again all day, and I did. Unfortunately he wasn't taking any of my pts, a couple of Andrea's, but for the first time I didn't accompany my nurse to give report on her pts, I think because I really hadn't helped her at all with her two. And I was working on some last minute charting too. He and I didn't really talk, but I smiled at him, and it was fun to at least see him. He is very cute. I hope he has a little longer on our floor (he's from Resource, just assigned to our floor for a little while).
-The two people that texted me while I was at work were Jamie and Andy, the two people I would have loved a text from most. I went out with Andy the other night, he came up here and we went to dinner, the Wilford stake play, and then came home here and had hot chocolate and watched Studio C vidoes on youtube for a while after. It was really fun and comfortable, a great date. So I've been more fond of him lately and was happy that he texted me today.
-I don't have to work tomorrow
-And IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!! I'm turning 27, which is so weird. So old. Yet, not. Last night Wendy was like, "you are so young. SO young." I feel old, but she is 32. That's a little rough, I'm sure. To still be single. But life sure doesn't happen how you always plan, that's for sure. I definitely never thought I'd still be single as I turned 27. Yet it's also weird to think of being married..

No comments:

Post a Comment