So this last week, since my last post, was crazy!
But to sum it up, I studied like crazy for the NCLEX Mon, Tues, and Wed., and Amanda Price (in my ward, now works for Paul too) took my Wed. night shift so I could go to bed earlier before my test. Took the NCLEX on Thurs, was totally prepared to be there for the whole six hours, and get at least 150 questions (you could get anywhere between 75 and the whole 265), and as soon as I answered the 75th question, it shut off, and I was done. I had been there just over 2 hours, and I was shocked! I never expected to be one of those people that only got 75 questions! I was so so relieved, and so happy to be able to leave, but over the next few hours started having some serious anxiety over whether or not I passed. I eventually checked the "tricky" way, and it seemed I did. But I couldn't be sure. But late that night, after Wendy, Jamie, and I had celebrated my being done (and likely having passed) my test, and then after working as well, my license had already officially posted on DOPL, and it was official. I had indeed passed and I am a nurse!!! This is crazy, honestly a crazy feeling. So surreal. And as far as me passing, I am still in awe and SO GRATEFUL. There really aren't words to describe how grateful I am to have passed, and I know that it was seriously a miracle. I mean, I studied a bunch, I'd been studying for about a month and a half, but I still felt so unprepared by myself. I knew it would take some serious help from my Heavenly Father to pass. And I am also so so blessed to have amazingly loving and supportive friends and family, many of whom were sincerely praying for me to pass (including Jamie, who also included me in her weekly fast the Sunday before, amazing friend; Wendy, Liz Stitt, and then much of my family). Also Maggie was totally there for me, all the way in VA.
I still just can't describe this feeling of being done, having passed that horrid test I have dreaded for so long. I can't believe I don't have to study for it anymore, nor for school! And I can't believe I don't have to take it again!!!! I am SO SO SO SO SO blessed.
The day after the NCLEX, Haley Elmer and I headed out to Sacramento to Sister Smith's (Emerald's) wedding! We both really couldn't afford to go, and she had tons of stuff going on with school, and I had a bunch of stuff I would miss this weekend, but we both felt like we should go. And we wanted to. So we rented a car, drove the 9 hours out there Friday afternoon, got a cheap motel Friday night, and went to the wedding on Sat. (yesterday). It was beautiful, and there were a bunch of other mission friends there, plus a husband (Cassie and Nate), which made it a lot of fun. We all went out to eat at Chile's after the wedding, shopping at the outlets to kill a few hours after that, and then to the reception. After which Haley and I stopped at Walmart to grab some food for the drive back Sunday, plus to try to find a cheap CD for the car on the way home (neither of us brought music, and I had signal so little that I couldn't play music from my phone for most of the trip, and we really wanted something for the drive home). We found an old Michael Buble CD. That would have to do. Not Sunday music, but nice and chill, at least. We both felt okay about it, under the circumstances. Then we went to Sister Fear's house, where the other mission friends were staying, and we all played a game called Bonanza, until about midnight. It was such a blast! Haley, Emily, and I were all totally wired and crazy hyper and giggly, and it was so much fun! I had forgotten how much fun I have with Emily! We laughed and laughed and laughed! Nate definitely thinks we're crazy. Which is pretty much true, so that's fine. :) He got a good kick out of us some, at least. :) But he's cool, I love that he will always come with Cassie and hang out with us sisters, he's a good sport, and fun to have around.
Haley and I just crashed on a couple extra couches they had there at the house, thankfully (saved us getting another hotel), and left early this morning, about 7 am. Stopped in Reno for a 9 am Sacrament mtg, in a YSA ward, nonetheless. Totally unplanned, but it was a fun bonus.:)
Then we got back to SLC just after 6:30 pm.
It was such a fun trip, and we were both so glad we went! Jamie dropped us off and picked us up at the airport, where we had rented a car. Then Jamie stayed and ate dinner here at our house, and hung out for a bit while we chatted and caught up and I cleaned my room and unpacked.
Then I went to work and now I am exhausted! Tomorrow I am sleeping in and not even setting an alarm, I'm so excited to get caught up on sleep. :)
AND, The Voice starts tomorrow!! Could life get any better??? I think not!
Alright, I'm typing crazy talk, gotta go to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment