Sunday, March 3, 2013

Something even more new--we're taking a step back.

So Wes called me this morning and asked if I wanted to go to a Vocal Point concert tonight in Provo. I of course wanted to because I love them, and wanted to be with Wes. So we went. I have been sick with a cold over the past couple days, so I didn't feel stellar, but I didn't feel terrible either, and it was fun.
Anyway, by the end of the night and when we were almost back to my house, he asked if he could say something. I said yes, of course, and he then proceeded to tell me that he is still feeling nervous about things (us) and that could we just take a step back. That was totally unexpected, but of course I said yes, that was fine. So we talked about it a little more in the driveway, and I can't say I saw that coming, but I'm not broken hearted either. He said he still likes me, he's still interested, but he needs more time. He just barely had broken up with someone else when we met that second time in the cafeteria of the Church Office Building, which he told me last weekend, so that's kind of an issue right now. He told me tonight that they had decided to just kind of take a break, so he isn't sure if anything else will happen there, he said he doesn't think so, but still, there's that. He said last weekend, the next morning (after that amazing night), he woke up and kind of got scared and felt like a lot had happened that night. I told him, "that was a pretty intense night" and he agreed.
So anyway, we are taking a step back. We are not exclusive for the time being, and we are not kissing either. This is all okay. And in fact, after he got talking like this, it made me think and wonder how much I really like him. I'm not sure. Part of me is the tiniest bit relieved. Part of me thinks that maybe this just isn't meant to work out. There are little things about him that I'm not sure really mesh with me. Like his size, he is just barely taller than me, but like 3 inches, which is enough, but like our legs, I think mine are definitely longer and bigger than his. And he wore these tennis shoes tonight, that he just got, and was pretty proud of them, and asked me if I liked them, and I didn't. I couldn't lie, so I couldn't say yes. That led to a kind of awkward next few minutes discussing his shoes that weren't my favorite. Then I made the mistake of asking him if he liked my shoes (not sure why I did), and turns out he really doesn't. Ironically, they are some of my very favorite shoes. He prefers flats on girls. I'm not really into flats.
Then just things like he laughs at silly things that I don't really find funny enough to laugh at, and he is kind of dorky in an audience. Like when they say on stage, "Hi, I'm Adam" and people are supposed to say something back like, "Hi, Adam" he does it. I'm one of those people who don't usually humor them, but he definitely does.
So I don't know, things like that. And his laugh. When he just bursts out laughing, it's a little bit loud and almost embarrassing... these things I think I could get over, and he certainly has a lot of great qualities that could continue to outweigh these small things, if it was right, but I'm just not sure that it is. It's almost like there are more and more little things that are off, that I'm not sure if eternity is in the cards for us.
But I guess we'll just see what he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment