Thursday, March 7, 2013

It's going to be okay, I do think so

So just quickly, it's Thursday, after the whole let's take a step back talk on Sat., and I still haven't heard from Wes. Nor have I contacted him. I'm not surprised that I haven't heard from him. And I've gone through moments of sadness about it all, especially on Sunday, but I'm actually pretty fine about it all now. I've basically given in to the fact, or idea, or possibility I guess, of nothing more really happening between us. And I'm actually okay with it.
He's a really great guy, and treated me really well, including going to get my textbook on Sat. when I was sick, and delivering that and soup and cough drops to me so I didn't have to leave my house. So yeah, he's incredibly thoughful and kind, and will treat whoever he dates and marries like a queen. For that, I am bummed about letting him go and things not happening.
But for many other small reasons, I just don't think that we totally mesh like I want to with whoever I spend the rest of my life and forever with.
So it's okay. And now I hope that we can stay friends, and I would even love to be his confidante, and just know how he's doing. I've learned to care about him, but I don't think we will marry. But he's great, and I get really attached to people, which is one of the hardest things about things like this. But thankfully, we didn't actually date for that long (total of about a month and a half from when we first started going out), so I didn't get as attached as I could have. So part of me thinks that this was a little tender mercy from my Heavenly Father for many reasons. Giving me a little fun, someone to date and be cared about by, someone to cuddle with a little and kiss me one night and make me feel amazing, but then ended it (this is assuming it's basically not going to go anywhere from here) before it was too painful to break off. So it's all good, I guess you could say.
At least that's how I feel today. With me, you never know I guess. haha, but no, I think I'm going to be okay.
Especially because I have amazing friends like Wendy, who just called me to see how I'm doing today with it all, and Liz who came over at almost 11 pm on Tues night to see how things were, and Jamie who keeps in touch with me even when she is on vacation in Texas.
I am seriously so blessed with amazing friends, it's more than I can even say. And I am SOOO grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment