The other day mom said some really nice things to me that I don't want to forget. She's not one to just hand out compliments or express her emotions real freely, so when she does, it means a lot.
We were talking about the Wes situation, and I think it was before the whole "taking a step back" thing. But she said to me something along the lines of 'you're fun, you're likable..you're beautiful!" And she emphasized beautiful, which meant a lot to me, especially coming from her. Also because I don't really see myself as particularly physically attractive. I mean, some days I feel prettier than others, but I've never been one that just gets gawked over by guys or asked out frequently upon first meeting, which I've essentially equated with not being that pretty. I'm okay with it, I know that I'm not gorgeous or anything, and I know that I am one who is more attractive to people as they get to know me, which I'm also okay with. But I've always kind of felt like I'm sort of plain. So that meant a lot to hear that from her.
She also said that "it's about time someone sees you for those things.." or something like that, which made it seem like maybe she is frustrated at the male population that I've not dated more and am not married. That meant a lot to me too.
Anyway, just wanted to remember these things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment