So I just graduated on August 11, about 2 weeks ago. I still can't believe I graduated from college, that I have a degree. I have a degree! I made it. Six and a half years since I began here in Fall 2005, spending 4 1/2 years in school, with a mission in between, I have a college degree. It was definitely bitter sweet. I was glad for a break from school, but I absolutely love BYU. I have had such a great experience in so many ways here. With my major, the people I've met and become good friends with, my great professors and how they've influenced me, my amazing BYUSA experience(s), my love affair with the library, a new passion for reading sparked because of my Children's Lit class, loving the beautiful campus, all the fun activities and sports, seeing people all the time that I know (on campus) because I've now been here for so long.., and just sitting in a great lecture, learning so much from such excellent professors. I'm going to miss all those things.
However, tomorrow starts fall semester, and I must admit, I am SO glad not to have to go to class tomorrow, and not to have to start doing homework again for another 4 months, or have deadlines, have to study for tests, and always feel like I need to be studying. This I am glad I will not be experiencing. But it's definitely surreal that everyone really is starting the new semester tomorrow, and I am not.
I'll just be working, and playing, and painting (finally trying to finish that painting of Simon that Rosanna asked, and paid, me to do--like 4 years ago!), and blogging, and playing, and reading. Reading! I am so excited to read just for fun! I have a good list going of books I want to read. I think I might go to the library tomorrow and start on that list. After going to get my power steering checked...still need to do that...
No comments:
Post a Comment