She's always been like my second mother, mom has even always told me that she liked to take care of me when I was little. But she and I are so emotionally identical, it's amazing. And it's so nice that we understand each other so completely, emotionally. For a long time, and sort of even still, we would say we both have "issues." By that we were referring to our emotional issues, which, if I had to actually define it, I would say that it's (at least partly) how people start to drive me crazy after a while and I have a meltdown. Or I just hit my limit with various situations, and breakdown and need to cry. Or how we just need a good cry every so often. She would probably add also how sometimes she will break down and cry, without knowing why she is.
We've always been pretty close, but we are closer now than we ever have been, and it's because she calls me so often. Sometimes every day. And even though she's in Texas, because we talk so often, she knows practically exactly what's going on in my life, and I in hers. She knows my boy happenings (and non-happenings) and who I'm interested in and what's happening with them and why they are being dumb.
I don't really have a best friend right now, and haven't for a while. Many of my past best friends have gotten married, Tisah and I aren't even friends any more, and Elise, who was basically my best friend winter semester, has been in Jerusalem all summer, and is engaged to be married this week (wow, I just realized how soon that is!), so it's kind of a bummer some days. I just really want a best friend, like a best guy friend. Like a husband.
But I am soooooooo blessed to have Sally. This summer she started calling me way more than usual (we used to talk every couple weeks or so), which has made me comfortable with just calling her anytime to talk to her about anything, because I know she cares. She has definitely shown that to me.
But I love her so much and really just can't describe the blessing she is to me in my life, especially through this Rob and Isaac saga (which, for the record, I think is over, both of them. Just days after the blessing, I found out Isaac was dating someone--yeah, who knew; and Rob has not done much to keep my interest, like actually using the telephone to call me and ask on an actual date. He just doesn't make me laugh and doesn't laugh with me like I really want in who I marry, either. So, interest basically gone.). I am eternally grateful for her, she truly is my best friend.
And I'm so excited to go visit her (and Joe and the kids and Peter and Lindsay and the kids...) in a couple weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment