I've been more frustrated in the past, this isn't the worst I've been, but I'm just so frustrated and done with being confused with boys, and thinking I know what they are feeling towards me, and feeling like they are giving vibes and I think I am reading right, and then them not doing anything! Or going out with a guy, and having so much fun, and then him never asking me out again (example: Mat Williams, my FHE brother I went to that fifties dance with and had a ton of fun. But then what? Nothing!)! Or having tons of fun when I am around a guy, and it being obvious that he is having a lot of fun too, and then him not ever asking me out (example: Isaac-in my ward, we're becoming friends, we always have a great time around each other, and he has lately been giving me more attention than most others around him, but...again, nothing.)!
And it's so frustrating how afraid guys are of commitment, of even trying dating a girl out. It feels like if they don't immediately think she is definitely eternal material, why even ask her on a second date. Ok, sometimes you can know that for sure she isn't, but often, especially if you had a good time on the first date, you just need to go on another, and just keep getting to know each other! Dating does not need to be this serious!
This weekend was Conference weekend, which I love, and which was great, as always, and interestingly, one of the themes that was definitely repeated throughout Conference, was Guys: get married! And for them to go on dates, and stop just hanging out, etc. And don't be afraid of commitment (Elder Oaks really used that word. I was proud :) Oh, and get married. Oh, and did we mention, get married. :) It got to be kind of funny, how much it seemed to come up and be spoken about by the Prophet and apostles. But I completely supported it. :)
Anyway, guys are just frustrating. That's all. But it was a great Conference weekend. And I need to go to bed. Goodnight! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment