Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter! Flaming stove and dying eggs!

So for Easter Sunday, my day was kind of laid back and lonely. I almost said dull, but I got a lot done and had a relaxing day, so it was good. And it wasn't lonely like it made me really sad to be alone, I was just alone for much of the day, but that's okay, I don't mind too much. I'm just really glad Mom called eventually, and Sally too (after I left her a message), and that I got to be social tonight.

But we did a bunch of family stuff this weekend, and especially yesterday, while Sally and Joe and the kids were here--the grandkids Easter egg hunt, cookout, played outside with jump-ropes (so fun!) and the scooter things--so today we didn't do anything as a family. I had to finish moving last night, so I came back to Provo yesterday, and was here for church today.

Today we just had stake meetings, due to the small numbers in the wards because we are in between semesters. So instead of having church at 8:30 am, it was at 11 am (so nice), and it was just Sacrament mtg., which was also very nice. So we (Kim, my new roommate, and I) were home by 12:30, and had the rest of the day free. No ward choir, no meetings, nothing. Just ward prayer tonight. So I just spend much of the afternoon unpacking and organizing all my stuff, in the kitchen and my room both. I took a nap for an hour or two, and then got up and started getting something to eat and Mom called me. I was really glad cuz it's Easter and I wasn't doing anything with family and my roommates were both gone I was feeling kind of lonely.
It was really nice to chat with her as I made pasta and warmed up stuff on rice she sent with me last week. Oh yeah, while the water was boiling, I definitely came into the kitchen to find a full on flame at the burner. Yep, first day in the new apt. and I very effectively set the stove on fire already. Awesome. Oh, and whatever had burned had turned to ash, and there was enough of it, and it had burned for long enough (while I had been in my bedroom) that now there were small bits of ash floating in the air all over the kitchen. These eventually all landed, all over everything--countertops, kitchen table, my laptop, everything--and made it look like something you would imagine at the scene of a major fire. Nope, just our kitchen. I threw open the windows and blinds, in hopes that the smoke alarm would not go off too. It seemed to work. Oh, and I likely breathed in some of the ash, so I'm probably going to get cancer or something now. Way awesome.
But my Easter dinner was good, and I got to chat with Mom as I ate, so it was like I was with family..sort of. :)

But tonight was the best. Right before ward prayer, James Jensen, a friend from my last ward (when I lived at Brookview), started chatting with me on facebook, and after ward prayer I invited him over to dye eggs with me, and he came, as did Jane Ann and Mat later (I texted a few people to invite, Jane Ann among them), and we all dyed eggs. Jane Ann and Mat came toward the end and each just did one, but it was so much fun! It was actually so fun to talk and joke around with James! I was really impressed with his sense of humor and original wit and confidence about it all, he was cracking me up! I'm not really romantically attracted to him, but he is so fun to be around! And I'm really comfortable with him because I've never liked him like that. It's great. I hope we hang out more this summer.




This is me showing my very dyed green thumb and forefinger.

No comments:

Post a Comment