So today was the last day of classes, and I finally finished reading all the many children's chapter books I had to for my children's lit class, and took my anatomy lab final (I think it went well!), and reading days start tomorrow, so I wanted to watch a movie or do something relaxing and fun tonight before I start studying for finals tomorrow. I've wanted to see "Tangled" for a while, so I told Mat Williams (my FHE bro, who I've wanted to ask me out again--oh, and he finally did last week, and I was excited that he did, except I couldn't go cuz I was already going on a date that night...weird I know, multiple dates..) as he walked me home for Safe Walk (something our ward does) that I wanted to go see Tangled that was playing in the dollar at 9:45, and would he want to go? I wasn't asking him on a date, I was thinking making it more a group thing, or just anyone who would want to go, I just wanted to go see it, and take a break from school before the heat of finals starts tomorrow. And I of course thought it would be fun if Mat came.
Anyway, he ended up coming, and it was just me and him, and it was fun, the movie was really cute, really funny! And then he dropped me off, and got out and hugged me goodnight.
It was all fun and enjoyable and really comfortable, but I discovered something tonight--there's not really a whole lot of chemistry there so much anymore. I think there could be, if he wanted there to be. I'm willing and interested, or have been, to see what would happen between us, and to be flirtatious, etc., but he's not been real flirtatious lately. Or at least wasn't really tonight. So I feel like my interest in him, romantically, is kind of fading. But it's great! This is what dating is all about! I realized this tonight! It's all about going on dates and getting to know people better, until you either keep really liking each other and keep spending more time together, or you realize they are not the one, and then you move on to the next. One down, who knows how many more to go! But I feel like this is a great development--I'm sure we'll stay good friends, but I can check him off the list, and try to get to know someone else better now. This is great. I feel great about this.
I'm 24 years old, and I feel like I just now figured out what dating is all about. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment