Sunday, March 6, 2011

A good day in my life

I wish I thought of and made it more of a priority to write in my journal every day. Maybe now that I said that I'll think of it more. But I wanted to write about a typical good day in my life. Pretty much every day is a good or really great day these days, this whole semester, really, and I want to remember just the simple daily things I do, and what makes me happy.
I'll tell about my day this past Tuesday, I remember it was a really great day, from start to finish. Pretty typical, but a really great day.
I worked in the morning (at Courtyard) from 7-10 am, and then came home and showered and got ready. Elise was in charge of setting up the TBT both that day, since I had to work, so by the time I got to campus (right after devotional ended), and the booth was already set up and they had the tootsie rolls (the really good vanilla kind, with the blue wrappers) out and everything. That was nice to see the canopy and things already up. Then we did our booth, which is always fun and a highlight of my day and week, and the weather was SOO great that day! It was definitely capri and chacco weather, though due to us having volleyball that day, I just wore my black Nike's (I LOVE those shoes. They are black and hot pink mostly, and soo comfortable).
Sidenote. Reasons why the booth is so much fun:
1. I do it with my (pretty much) best friend now, Elise. With her comes Sam, her boyfriend (accept as of last night, it's fiance!) I really like Sam, he's really great. He's in our volleyball class too.
2. My committee is awesome, and all really fun! Namely Rebecca, Emily, Steve, and Jana. We have a totally different committee than I had last semester, and it's actually been a really great thing. My committee last semester was great too, but this semester they are ALL into it and they're pretty much all outgoing and it's just great. We have a couple non-freshmen, which is nice. Also, Steve is really great and I really enjoy having him around. Unfortunately he just recently got off his mission, a few months ago, so I'm pretty sure he's--oh, actually, he did like a year and a half of school before his mission, I just remembered him telling me...so he's probably actually like 22, maybe even 23...hmm.. I was going to say that he's someone I could potentially be more interested in, but he's so young...not as young as I was thinking though.. hmm.
3. I get to see friends that stop by the booth that I never see any other times, namely David (the king) from my last ward FHE group, also Kirk, also James Jensen; Robbie, Eric Malmgren (often), Ken Bostwick, Andrew Jackson (Elder Jackson), ...
4. It's really fun to hand out free stuff!
5. I love people and working with people.
6. More and more people are catching on each week, it's growing. So it feels like it's really worth doing each Tuesday.
7. I have made, and continue to make friends solely due to doing the booth each week, and doing TBT and being involved in BYUSA in general.
8. It's just so fun. :)
Then we took down the booth and took it all back to the office.
After that it was on to volleyball class, which is my favorite class. I love volleyball! And that meant I got to see Dallin, the kid in my class I took to Preference. Volleyball was really fun that day because Elise and I ended up on the same team, which makes it significantly more fun.
Oh, then I went home and read some of the novel I was on, for my children's lit. class, and then took a small nap on our extremely comfy couches, and then it was time to work on dinner.
I went to the store, got some stuff, and came home and Alisha was home. I like it when she's home. I made dinner, we had dinner group, and they all really liked it (stroganoff, beans, and mom's fruit cocktail salad), and said so, and I think many even thanked me for it! (That didn't happen last time, and I was rather unimpressed.
So dinner went really well, oh, and my new friend in my ward (and also in a bunch of my classes, which we finally realized like a month into the semester..), Alexis, came over and had some, and then I wanted to invite a boy over to have some, cuz there was still extra, so I decised to text Kevin Kindred. He is the brother of Tammy Kindred, who I was good friends with freshman year, from my ward, which is how I met him originally. And now he is in the BYUSA office too, which is how we've become good friends. He's awesome, and so fun, and I've had sort of a little tiny crush on him, it's just that I think he's shorter than me... but anyway, he came over later that night and had some and it was so fun to hang out with him for a bit. He makes you feel so comfortable, it was not awkward at all, it's so fun to talk to him.
The rest of the night I basically just did homework, which consisted of reading the novel I was on, more, which is really great homework. So far I've really liked all the novels we've had to read for my children's lit class. It's a LOT of reading, but it's fun reading, MUCH better than reading a humanities textbook, which was my alternate option for taking out my last general credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment