Also, I don't know what I'm going to do with my life afterwards. I've always wanted to be a nurse, ever since I was a little girl. And I've felt good about it for a long time. But ever since a conversation I had with Carly Bryson (now something else) at my home ward (she and her husband live there now), I've been thinking about PA school. A PA is just below a doctor, but only go to school for 2 years. One of which is just clinical stuff, residency, basically. PA's sound like they are more one on one than a doctor, which is what I want. I love working with and helping people. Anyway, lately I've been thinking more and more about PA school. I actually only just this past week have been looking into it more, and it looks like the soonest I could start one is next May. That is when the U's accelerated nursing program would start (May 2012), if I went that route still, and got in. So basically, if I graduate in August, I would have like 9 months to kill, before starting another program. This wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing; in that time I could of course just work, get more clinical for program applications or just earn money. I also have this really passionate dream of going to hair school and learning how to cut hair. I've always wanted to, since I was little as well, it's just never been a realistic or practical dream. I've wanted a degree more. But now, I could possibly do both. So if I could find a hair program that was less than a year long, and somehow affordable, I would LOVE to do that in between.
But if not, since I don't want to leave BYU so bad, I could extend my graduation til December, and just finish up my classes in the Fall, which would also eliminate having to go to school all summer, which would be nice. But if I'm not in school in the summer, I would have wanted to do EFY, and I kind of already missed those deadlines, since I've been planning on being in school.
I've also been slightly considering doing a master's here in, like, Exercise Physiology, because I love the exercise sciences, and I love my classes right now and love learning about the body. I would love to keep learning about it, and also that could keep me here at BYU. But then I still couldn't really do much with that. I mean probably something, but I don't know what. I would still have to go on to do more if I wanted to work as a medical professional.
And on top of all this I also have this fear in the back of my mind that if I leave BYU I won't get married. I was talking just tonight to Emily Borders, this great girl in my ward, also an RM, who is so nice and friendly. She has basically all the same fears and worries as me. It was very comforting to talk to someone in the same boat, who also doesn't know what to do with their life.
And I also don't know where to live this spring/summer. This is definitely not as stressful or on my mind as these other major issues, but it's just one more thing I'm unsure of and have to figure out.
Plus, I'll likely be totally out of money by the end of the semester, which is also just one more thing. I'm not sure right now how I will pay for school this spring/summer.
I know that everything will work out and Heavenly Father will help me figure out my life, in the way that will bring me the most happiness in the end. I just don't love this trying-to-figure-it-out stage. And I just really don't want to leave BYU. I really don't. Graduation is coming too fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment