This weekend was SO much fun! I went on TWO dates!!! This is unheard of, so it was exciting. Friday night Mat Williams in the ward had asked me out. He is our FHE dad, and we have become friends. He asked me out about a month ago, but I was busy, that was Preference weekend.
But Friday we went out, and we and his roommate Chase, and his date went to a fifties dance at a care center on 500 North. It was so much fun!! We dressed up in fifties, and went, and it was so fun because Mat actually knows how to dance, or likes to. He's in a dance class right now, so we danced, like swing and other dancing, pretty much the whole time. It was so so fun! He taught me a bunch of stuff, and different moves kept coming back to his mind, so by the end, we were just dancing away. That night I decided that I really like dancing, when the guy knows how to lead.
The dance was coincidentally at the same time as the BYU basketball game, versus New Mexico. It was their 3rd game in the Mountain West Conference tournament, and so far they hadn't lost. But we lost both times in the season to New Mexico, so everyone was pretty nervous about this game. I've never been into BYU basketball this much, but it's a pretty big deal here at BYU this year. The team is really good, with a 14-3 record, or something like that, but the biggest reason is because of Jimmer Fredette. I don't think I've written much or anything at all about him, but he is incredible at bball. He's like a Danny Ainge, except I think now he's broken all of Ainge's records even. It's been so fun to get into bball so much this season, and to go to the games to see Jimmer play. He is so fun to watch because he's soo good. We even camped out outside the Marriott Center for the last home game!
Anyway, so during the dance two nights ago, we kept checking the score on Mat's phone, and it was up and down for a little bit, but we won! We finally won against New Mexico! It was so exciting! AND, Jimmer scored 52 POINTS!!!! That is his record (his previous was 49 at the huge San Diego State game a few weeks ago). He is so amazing!
So after the fifties dance we went to their apt. (our FHE brothers') and made cookies and played Rummikub. It was a lot of fun! Mat is really great, I haven't ever been attracted to him physically really, but the more I get to know him, the more attractive he is to me. He's really nice, a gentleman, and not a nervous guys. This is actually very important to me. Confidence and non-nervousness, specifically, is very attractive to me. And he has that down, I really like that. He's also pretty well rounded. He loves cooking, and he's really good at it, but he's also athletic. He loves to play basketball, and watch the BYU games (among others, it seemed), and he wears a good variety of shoes, including some great green Nikes. Those I like. He's from Austin, TX, which is an hour away from San Antonio, which is a fun connection we have. Anyway, I would love to go out with him again, I had so much fun, so we'll see.
Then on Sat. I went with Andrew Jackson, from my mission, to a murder mystery dinner of his work party. It was soo so fun! I've never been to one, and have always wanted to, and it was so cool! There was like 50 people there, 6 tables of 8 people each, and each table had the same murder mystery going on, and the same characters. Each round (there were four rounds) some of the couples would rotate tables, so there were always the same characters at each table, but different faces. Sometimes that made it hard to keep the characters straight, but it was a lot of fun! I was high-class, fancy dress-wearing owner of the speak easy, called S. P. Keasy. Basically a rich bar owner in the twenties. My character name was Silky M. Adam. All the names were clever like that (I was a madam--get it? M. Adam..?), it was fun. And turns out that I was also the murderer! But the funny thing is that even I didn't know that until the very end! The whole thing lasted almost four hours, and we had dinner and dessert in courses throughout it. It was really amazing pizza, best I've ever had, with the sauce on the top instead of the first layer on the crust. So so good.
It was a lot of fun, Andrew is a great date! We're just friends though, I'm not interested in him romantically, and he actually has a girlfriend, she's just in Jerusalem this semester. But yeah, it was a really fun night! Other than that BYU lost the championship game of the Mountain West Conference tournament, to San Diego State. They lost terribly, it was really sad.
Oh, and also this weekend, I ran the Rex Lee Run 5k! It was yesterday, and it was a lot of fun! It was my second 5k I've ever run, and I think I did worse this time, because I got a side ache at about mile 2, that just got worse and worse, and I had to walk for about a block or less toward the end. But I got a shirt (practically the reason I did it...:) and saw a lot of friends there, it was fun! Plus it was really exciting to be out running in a race, with so many other runners, it's just a fun atmosphere I think.
Good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment