I have successfully survived my first day as an EFY counselor. I am completely exhausted. My legs are totally dead tired and just want to stretch out and be elevated, I have a blister starting on one of my right toes, I am so sticky from sweating more than profusely today, and I just want to crash in bed. But it was a really fun day! I really enjoy working with my co-, Mat, who goes by "M-A-T." This is his fourth year, and at the training meeting on Sat., he was one of my "potentials," but he is actually dating another counselor (and they have been for a year and a half), so that immediately knocked him off the list. But that's fine. I'm actually not so attracted to him as I thought I could be, so it's great. We work well together, and he seems to like me, or at least respect me and want to be unified, which I really appreciate. After my experience as a Y Group Leader for summer New Student Orientation (a few weeks ago, so fun!), with my partner, who was totally not on the same page as me and we didn't work together much, he was...interesting; but after that I am so grateful to have a partner who is much more on the same page and easy to work together with. Mat is great.
I also really enjoy this other counselor named Adam McDonald. He likes to pretend he is from Scotland, for his boys on the first day. We met last night at the counselor 4th of July celebration we had, while watching fireworks and having cake and watermelon and milk, and he's really cool. He's funny and nice, and we were also partners for the Orientation dance today. He tried to help me learn it too, it was nice. He's cool. I secretly hope we get to dance at the dances...hehe. :)
So my roommate is Shannon, and she is awesome. She's from Houston, I think, and we get along so well together, it's awesome. This is her first week ever too, so we are in the same boat, it's great. She's dating this guy, and they've been dating for 3 weeks only, but they like each other so much, it's so cute.
Quote of the day: on one of Shannon's girl's get-to-know-you sheets, on the question "Who do you most want to be like?" she put "Christ! Duh! :) I (heart) him!" Oh my goodness, so funny! Love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment