Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Andy's gone, new Tinder times

Just realized it's been a whole month since I've written in here..woops.

So Andy moved to DC the day we headed up to Bear Lake for our family reunion, on July 14. It had been hard, and I cried in the car for a moment on the way up there, but that's the last time I've cried over him I think. We texted that morning, as he was packing and I was getting ready to go to Bear Lake, and after we texted a bit I felt better about things, specifically about not having gotten to see him one more time before he left. I really had wanted to, and I think he had too, but I was working during both of his goodbye parties he had, which he was bummed about, and then it just didn't work out to see him otherwise, before he left. But it's okay, I'm doing okay. I miss him, lots of things about him, but I feel like I've also been able to get glimpses (like has happened in the past through all this) of that he's probably not the one. But lately, like the past couple weeks I've been missing him and thinking about him more than just after he left. And I felt like maybe there was a reason for that, and maybe he was missing me too, and this really isn't the end for us. And I would daydream about him calling me and telling me he misses me and wants to fly me out there to see him, and of me arriving and our hug, which would be amazing, and just getting to spend time with him. I would do it. And it would be so fun.

But I don't know, I kind of doubt that he is thinking like that.

But I've been back on Tinder, that dating app that we love and we hate, and at first it was totally annoying and discouraging and I was SO unimpressed with all the guys on there, including all the ones who were chatting with me. Talk about lame conversations.. but it has recently gotten better, and I even went out with a guy, Josh, the other night, from Tinder. He doesn't have great texting conversational skills, but more than once he told me I am so pretty, and so beautiful, and that he would love to get to know me better. And who doesn't want to go out with someone who thinks they're beautiful?? I don't get told this by guys, like ever, so I wanted to meet this guy. And it was fun, I paid for dinner because he left his debit card at work on accident, haha, but it was fun, and he wasn't as bad or socially awkward in person as on Tinder. And he wants to do something again, at least to pay me back, haha, and I hope we do, I think he's really cute. He's actually probably the cutest guy I've ever gone out with, especially that wants to go out again. But the last day or two he hasn't been great at responding via text, it's weird. Whatever, we'll see.

But I'm going out with another guy, Andy (ha, another Andy), on Sat. We're going to the Bees game, only because I told him I like going to baseball games in the summer. So I'm excited. We have a lot in common, I'm not sure if we totally click, he's been kind of funny on Tinder, and he seems slightly stiff, at least on the phone this morning. But we'll see, should be fun.

Anyway, I'm still laying in bed after waking up, after working last night. And I work again tonight (and tomorrow night), so I better get up and get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment