Monday, August 25, 2014

Phone call with Andy, and Tindering it up again!

I know that a majority of what I write in here for like the last...while, is about Andy, but I swear he is not what totally takes up my life. My life is good and I'm very very blessed and happy.
BUT. We talked on the phone yesterday, because I went out with this guy on Thurs--Pres. Hutchings' brother's new wife's son, who they'd been trying to set me up with for about the last year and a hal--and I had told Andy about it a couple different times in the last year, to I told him via texting the other day that it had actually happened, and he asked how it was, and I said it would be better not via text, and could I call him? That was on my way to work Sat. night, and by the time he could talk I was at work. So we ended up talking on the phone Sunday evening, and we just caught up for a bit, and then I told him the rest of the story real quick at the end because he had been driving and had arrived where he was supposed to pick up an investigator for the missionaries.
Anyway, it was good. Really good to talk to him. And it was fine that we weren't able to talk super long. But I felt like I could have (and would have loved to) talked to him all night, for hours, just hearing all about everything he was doing, all about (more about, really) his new job, living in DC, his feelings, how things are going with the goals he had of getting back to where he used to be spiritually, etc. But after we hung up I felt sort of unsatisfied. Maybe because we didn't get to talk as long as I would have liked, and our conversation was kind of quickly ended. He said it was good to talk to me, but I didn't quite get the feeling that he would have loved to talk to me for longer like I would have loved to talk to him. So that was kind of a bummer, but maybe I needed to see that. I just haven't been able to really get over him, I still miss him all the time, think about him a lot, still dream of him wanting to fly me out there to spend time with him. Which I would totally do. But maybe this phone call was partly to help me get over him.
Since then I am back to rocking Tinder, haha. I'm currently chatting with about five guys, totally new ones from the last round, and they all seem pretty cool. And three of them want to go out with me. So I'm pretty excited about that. And it has been fun to chat with guys who are wanting to and are actively trying to get to know me. I don't have that feeling with Andy so much anymore, and you need that.
So anyway, I feel better about things not working out with Andy. I get the feeling (as I have at so many different times in the past) that Andy isn't the one. And I feel okay about that right now. And I'm really grateful for that, and to find that there are still other good guys out there. At least these guys seem to be good. Andy did set a high standard for a bunch of things, so we can only hope there are others out there, ha.
Like maybe this guy, Trevor, that I've been chatting with a bunch. He's pretty much way too good looking for me, it will never work out, but he keeps impressing me. He looks like he could easily be a tool, and I "liked" him kind of on a whim, but he seems like an actual genuine guy. And he seems genuinely interested in me. So we'll see.
Gotta go to bed. Have to work again tomorrow and then leaving for Havasupai the next evening!! So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment