Monday, August 18, 2014

A bunch of dates, but I still miss Andy..?

So I've been on a bunch of dates lately, all first dates, with all different guys--Josh, who was cute and I had to pay for the date; then this week I had three right in a row: country dancing with Jake, who doesn't know how to date but was really fun to go dancing with; McKay who is the crazy talented and busy musician, who is a fun date-planner and a great guy, really good at conversation, but who I still think it would never work out with, ha (he is just somethin else, I can't compete with his energy and passion for..EVERYTHING, haha; and he was wearing skinny jeans..ha), but I'm trying to be open still. And then Adam last night, who is a friend of Heidi's in my ward, and who I thought would be more dorky than he actually was, so it was actually a pretty good date. We went to Footloose at the Sandy Amphitheater, and he's a lawyer, really smart, and fun to listen to because he's intellectual. We actually ended up having a lot of common interests, and by the end of the play I had become pretty fascinated with him, but he's a little more serious than I like. I tried to joke with him after about going to get the performers' autographs, and got zero reaction, ha. But a good guy.
So it's been a fun week! I don't think anything will really come of any of these guys, but I've been able to go on some fun dates at least! And previously I had decided that after all these dates I was deleting Tinder, but I have since decided that I'm not. That I'm just going to keep at it! I'm going to try to keep getting dates, because with the law of numbers, one of these has got to work out eventually, right..? Haha, who knows, but I'm gonna try! I told Jamie today that I'm going to be a Tinder fiend! haha
But after all this, I wouldn't think this would be the case, with all these masculine distractions (oh, and then there's Brian Jones, who I work with, who turns out he seems to have had a crush on me or something, for who knows how long, and I had NO IDEA, and he floored me this last week with tickling me..I still can't really believe it happened, so now THAT'S another thing..don't think he's really my type, but who knows, I think he's probably a lot different outside of work than his stoic personality at work), but I still miss Andy.
I don't always miss him, but I've been thinking about him more the last few days I guess. I was really missing him last night on my date, actually. During the play, I was wishing he was the one sitting next to me and that we were dating, and he would have his arm around me, and I'd have my hand on his leg, or in his other hand, and he'd smell really good... And I even suddenly started to tear up at this thought, which I quickly had to stifle, of course. I was on a date!
I still have this fantasy of him missing me so much that he calls me and tells me this and tells me he'll fly me out if I'll come.. and I would go for a few days, and it would be amazing.
Probably just a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment