Tuesday, June 4, 2013

FUN weekend with Jamie (and Wendy)

I just had the best weekend! I just wanted to write real quick about it.

I was so fun because I basically spent the whole weekend with Jamie, and we are better friends than ever, it's so great.

Friday night we went to Les Mis up at the U together, and got in free on my student ID. Way fun.
After the play, she dropped me off at my house and we stayed in her car (her sweet rental Ford F-150) and talked til like 1:30 am. It was so good because it had been quite a while since we had really talked like that. Then I finally went inside, and about ten min later Jamie called me to say Wendy had dead-bolted their door and wasn't answering her phone, so could she come sleep on our couch..? So we had a sleepover! Which are always fun. She came back over and we got ready for bed in my bathroom downstairs and then went and slept in my temporary room upstairs (this was after the flooding of the basement, but before I had put my room back together). We got in bed around 2 am, and we were planning on going running, the three of us (Jamie, Wendy, and me) in the morning at 7 am. Jokingly, as we were layed down in the dard, I said, "So, what do you want to talk about?" Jamie laughed, but then said, "Tell me something I don't know about you." I laughed because I had been kind of joking, but I guess we were going to chat! :) I wasn't complaining. So then we talked for another hour or so (I told her about my bedwetting issues growing up, haha, and we both talked about any and all of our medical issues, including my large bladder, etc.), before going to sleep around 3:15 am. Ha! It was hard to get up less than 4 hours later and go run...but we did and we all ran 5.5 miles! Farthest I've ever run!

Later that day we all went up to the bi-stake activity up at the Skyline fields and caught lunch at the end. We all had too much to do to go to the rest of the activity, but I wish I could have, it sounded fun. An olympics of sorts.

Then that night we orchestrated a bonfire up the canyon and invited a bunch of people, from the ward and elsewhere. It was a lot of fun!! Then a lot of us went to Jamie and Wendy's apt and played games for a while--this airplane game, that I wasn't too amused by, ha. And then Signs, which is always a blast.

Sunday, we had church, then four visits (oh, but one girl wasn't home, so really three), and then I invited Jamie over for Sunday dinner, which she came to (Wendy was in ID for the day). Our neighbor, Ben Somner, came too, it was fun to get to know him. My dad has been working with him for a while, helping him to get reactivated in the church. He is a really great, and brilliant guy, with a really good heart. He's thirty-something, has a girlfriend, and just loves her so much. It was cool to hear him talk about her. And he just loves Dad. Absolutely loves him. He was telling Dad that he considers him one of his best friends. Adorable.

Then Jamie and I came down to my room and planned our summer, made up our summer list with all the fun things we want to do (that I don't really have time for..? whatev, I'll squeeze 'em in), then jammed on the guitar for a bit (using mine and Mom's guitar), including playing for Mom and Dad outside, ha. Our second audience (Wendy was our first the other night). Then she reluctantly left, to go be at home for when Jared, Alex Stayner's friend who we met at Moab, who is really into Jamie. She's not so into him, but he wanted to bring her tomatoes from his garden b/c he had extra. Turns out he meant tomatoe plants, for her to plant. Ha.

Oh, and then Monday morning we all went running again (we're training for Ragnar) at like 5:20 am before they both had to go to work. That day we only ran about 3 miles or so. Maybe a little farther.

So yeah, such a fun weekend! I just love Jamie, she is so fun and so amazing. And for some reason she thinks very highly of me. I love being around her. This weekend was so fun to be with her every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment