Monday, June 10, 2013

Amazing email from Jamie

And then Jamie went and wrote me this nice email, in return from the one I had written her a few weeks earlier, after she had been told by the guy she really really wants to be with, that they can't go out anymore, that's he's just not ready or whatever (he was engaged in recent months, and apparently is still kind of getting over that or messed up from it or whatever). I could tell she was more bummed than she led on, so I wrote her an email of why she is amazing and the guys that let her go are dumb. 
I'll just attach it here. That way she can really be known on here. :)

Yo dearest,

So when we were discussing the dumb situation of Todd, I just really couldn't believe that he let you go like that. And it makes me hurt for you. And I know that you say it's fine, and you are strong, it's true, but I also know that it more than likely hurt pretty bad, and still hurts, a lot, especially in those quiet moments we all have, that he told you what he did last night. I am so sorry. It kills me to see these great guys pass you up like you're not gold in their hands.

So I wanted to write you and tell you many of the reasons I think you are amazing and they are dumb:

1. We've been over this, but you are GORGEOUS. Seriously. You have amazing and probably perfect skin, beautiful huge round eyes, amazing teeth, and a great smile. Good face shape too. Have I ever told you that?
2. You are one of the most thoughtful, considerate people I've ever known. You are always making sure your friends, and people around you are taken care of and have their needs met, especially when they are at your house. And you have a gift of remembering details about people and remember to ask about those things later. It means a lot to the recipients.
3. You're an amazing cook. Obviously.
4. You're very funny. Witty even. And it often comes out when least expected, which is always hilarious.
5. You're very mature. This is a nice trait to be around.
6. You're also very down to earth and are made happy by the simple and important things in life. Also not high-maintenance. This is not only appealing but refreshing in a person.
7. You are very kind and I know you would do anything for anyone.
8. You are very selfless. Even willing to share your nice napkins to be used as a snotty tissue.
9. You are very non-judgemental (Emma is talking jibberish.)
10. You give stellar back rubs. I mean, wow.
11. You are fun and adventurous and not a sissy!
12. You're not a complainer
13. You don't gossip
14. You are frugal. I think that's admirable in a person. Goes along with not high-maintenance.
15. You are athletic. This is hot (to the boys, obviously..).
16. You play the guitar. Also hot.
17. You are my running inspiration.
18. You are humble. Which always amazes me because, and I know I've told you this before, but since the day I met you in new member meeting a year ago (wow), I've always just thought the world of you and been absolutely amazed at how humble and down to earth you are when you are so physically beautiful. Seriously. I think you must just not know it. 
19. You have a solid testimony and you live it. You are a great example and influence a lot of people around you.

Anyway, I could go on, but I need to go to bed.:) But I just really want you to know that it is frustrating for me to see these seemingly amazing guys, who seem so compatible with you, just totally take for granted what is in front of them in you, and let you go. Because I, for one, know how amazing you are, and I also know how bad you want to be married and be a mother. It doesn't seem fair.

But on a happier note, I am certainly grateful for your friendship, more than I could really describe. I feel so incredibly blessed to know you and be considered your friend, I love hanging out with you. Like at Moab. That was seriously a blast.

Anyway, have a great Thursday at work!

One of your biggest fans,
Melissa


And here is hers to me:


Sister Gurr - 

I think it's time you got YOUR e-mail. It's been on my mind a lot lately, and I've been planning on doing it anyway. Tonight is as good as night as any. Because I think it's time you heard just how wonderful YOU are. If you didn't already know. Because you are. And you need to know just how much it means to me to have a friend like you.
You are HIGHLIGHT in my life. 

I loved what bishop said on Sunday when he talked about friendship and how we draw strength from each another. Because that's exactly how I feel with you, and I hope you know that. I also hope you know that...
1. You are the best people-person I have ever met. You are so great at conversation. One of the reasons I love being with you is that you have this amazing skill and talent to meet new people and make others feel comfortable. Because of that, it makes me feel comfortable too and I know that as long as you are there I never have to worry about things being awkward. So really, you didn't know that I have been using you for this very special talent....sorry. 
2. You have beautiful, naturally curly hair that every girl would be jealous of. That also looks gorgeous when straightened. 
3. You are very photogenic! (I mean, when you want to be :) and have such a nice smile. 
4. You are fit. You can wear anything you want and you never have a belly that sticks out like mine :) 
5. YOU  ARE HILARIOUS. And incredibly witty and are constantly making me and others laugh with your sharp sense of humor. 
6. You are a hard worker. I admire you a lot for all that you are doing to accomplish your nursing school. Going to nursing school in the first place? Enough said. (refer to #1 as far as one of the reasons why you are and will make an outstanding nurse)    
7. You have great self-control! You are diligent in your homework and assignments even when I'm sure it's hard and you might have to say no to things sometimes. 
8. You are solid to the core when it comes to the gospel and you make me want to be a better person. 
9. You ARE a leader. And one that people want to follow. You are a good example. 
10. You are always willing to help others
11. You are thoughtful and will send me a text or bring me cookies or a candy bar when I'm having a hard time. 
12. You are genuine and never try to be someone you're not.
13. You have an unusual obsession with men's shoes....
14. You are a product of your parents who are absolutely the kindest people ever.
15. You have sweet guitar skills and one of my new favorite things is playing and singing with you. Before that even began however, I've always admired your pretty alto voice and have noticed that you can harmonize easily with any song, and do a lot when you're singing in the car. 
16. You are the best 2nd counselor EVER.
17. You aren't afraid to try new things.
18. You are very well-rounded and have so much to offer. Some guy is going to be pretty lucky to end up with you because you will also be an incredible wife and mother. 
19. You are always interested in others and care about what is going on in people's lives. You get excited and happy - all reasons why it's so fun to share things with you. 
20. I never get tired of hanging out with you. I always look forward to seeing you. 

I knew there was something special about you right when I met you. And calling you to be my counselor was the easiest and best decision I've made. Heck, I knew I was going to work with you before I even knew I was going to be called to be president.
So please just know, that I am the one that feels very grateful to be your friend. You have been a great blessing in my life. And we wouldn't have been able to meet and become friends if we weren't still single and going to the good ole YSA ward :) So I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father is looking out for both of us.
Hope you have a good night, try not to stay up too late (please get more than 5 hours of sleep) and good luck with your day tomorrow!



Then I asked her to clarify the thing about knowing she would be working with me even before she knew she would be called as president. To that she replied:


I know you are busy and working all day. I hope things are going well my friend and that you have energy.
Just to follow-up on your e-mail real quick -
You asked me to expound on what I meant when I told you that I knew I was going to work with you even before I got my calling.
Maybe I should have said that I knew that I WANTED to work with you before I even got the calling.
When we found out that we were going to be released as a presidency because Jenni was leaving, her and Laura kept teasing me or would make little comments here and there about how I was going to be the next president. It made me nervous and I threatened Jenni that she better not put any ideas in bishop's head. So of course I would try to ignore them and even get after them for saying such things because I felt like they were going to curse me :) But I couldn't shake the feeling that it was at least a possibility and I hated that I even thought that.
But I remember one Sunday sitting in sacrament and looking around because I thought, 'Ok, if this really did happen, who would I even choose for my counselors?' Again, hating that I was even thinking that because it's like I was asking for it or something! I guess it was more like, 'Ok, who else would I pick besides Melissa?'
You just made such a great impression on me from the time we met and I knew that I wanted you and that you would be wonderful to work with or in whatever position you were called to serve in (I even was hoping that you would be called as president because you are so qualified and would be such a great candidate). I bet it's that dang nursing school....
So there ya go. A little more insight into just another reason why I think you are so wonderful.
TTYL 


She is so great. I feel so so so so blessed to have her as a a friend. So blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment