Monday, February 27, 2012

Tender mercy. Ha.

So I have once again fallen into having a crush on Nate Fairbourn. This has happened multiple times. He's so funny and fun to be around, and we have really similar senses of humor. He's just a year younger than me, we even went to the same high school. He is one of the more mature guys in the ward, in a some ways. He is executive secretary, and has been all year, and is mature spiritually, and socially too. He's been in the ward since before I moved in, which was just over a year ago, and we've become fairly good friends. And by that I mean we are often at the same social events, hanging out in the same group. Our friendship mainly consists of joking back and forth, and often poking fun at each other. But in a fun, friendly way. It's fun.
One of my favorite things about him is his size.
I can't believe I'm actually writing all this about him...oh man.
But yeah, he is not just another skinny guy, he actually has mass, which is so refreshing. And attractive.
Anyway, so I'll fall into this trap of thinking he's attractive, and develop another crush on him, until I realize and remember why he is not the one for me. There are some things that he does/says that are not impressive, or attractive. Rather immature, really.
So recently, after quite a while of not being interested in him, I found myself crushing on him again, you could say. And then we were waiting in the Bishop's office after church today, and Natalie (Newman) was like, "I'm going to play a game on my ipad," and then Nate was like, "I'm going to play a game," or something like that. And he pulled up some video game he had been talking about, and started playing it, right there, after church, in the Bishop's office waiting area. I was very unimpressed, and rather turned-off. But I was grateful too, because I felt like it was a little tender mercy from the Lord, to show me that he really isn't someone I want to be with. And then I wasn't interested in him anymore, which is good, because nothing will ever happen with him, I'm sure. And when I'm interested in a guy like that, I like finding a reason not to like him, so as to avoid the disappointment of that--nothing ever happening. :)
So for this little experience, I was grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment