Monday, November 22, 2010

Today I want to stay. :)

So life is good right now. Really good, really.
Things are so much better with roommates. This last week or so has been an emotional rollercoaster with that situation. Some days I want to move out, some days I want to stay. Today I want to stay.
Tisah and I are becoming friends again. I pray for it everyday, and my prayers are being answered. I've also been quite frustrated and discouraged about Katie (another roommate) and my relationship with her. Sometimes she'll be really friendly with me, and then sometimes she's really distant and almost cold. The most frustrating thing has been that it's when Carrie or Carrie and others that she is the most friendly with me; and those times we can have SO much fun. Carrie, Katie, and I, late at night, always means laughing our heads off and getting nothing done. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's always a blast. But then the next morning, as, say Katie and I are the only ones up or something, and getting ready, she's back to being quite and not talkative or friendly really, towards me. It's like I have to start over everyday with our friendship. She's not a real social person at all, on her own, and I know that, but it's still frustrating, and has become more so lately. It's become so frustrating to me, almost making me feel bad, that she has been another main reason I've wanted to move out as of late.
However, I started praying about it a few days ago, praying to become better friends, etc., and I was so blessed with my prayers answered, again. On Sat. night she and I were the only ones home, and we were both in the living room, on our laptops, doing homework while watching Pirates 3. I had wanted to go to the women's volleyball game (last one of the season, and I hadn't gone to any yet this semester, so sad), and didn't have anyone to go with me. I asked her, but she didn't really want to b/c she wasn't really dressed and didn't have any makeup on, etc. But then we got chatting more, and laughing about different things, and then she mentioned how much she had been wanting frozen yogurt. She doesn't have a car. So I was like, "how about you go to the game with me and I'll take you to get frozen yogurt." And we were laughing and she was gonna say that too. It was funny.
So we got ready and left about 5 minutes later.
We got there during the first game, and ended up staying the whole time, through 4 games. It was a ton of fun, the game was awesome! BYU won.
But it was just me and her, and we ended up talking a lot about mission stuff (she just started her papers!) and then got onto the subject of her family and her sister and the hard situation going on there. Her sister struggles with same-sex attraction, and it's really hard for them all. She told me a lot about that situation, and I just feel so bad for her. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have a sibling go through that, and choose to live that lifestyle, and leave the Church because of it..it would be so hard. I was really touched, and grateful, that she felt like telling me about it all. It meant a lot, and I really feel like it brought us a lot closer, for which I am SO grateful. It literally was an answer to prayers. I really love Katie. She's so much fun, so fun to joke and laugh with, but she's also really sweet and a great listener.
Anyway, after the game we ended up going home to grab Carrie, and she came with us to get frozen yogurt at this place called Farr's, down by the University Mall. It was soooooo good! It's like Spoon It Up, where it's soft serve ice cream, but so many flavors, and you make your own, and put any toppings you want on it, and then pay by the ounce. It was amazing, and so much fun. The three of us always have a blast together, I love it.
So yeah, things with Katie are so much better. I just hope they stay that way. I guess that will be the real test.
But things with Tisah are better too. I feel like each day, we slowly become better friends. Very slowly.

On top of all this, Thanksgiving is in 3 days, tomorrow is our last day of school before the break, I don't have any physics at all this week (hallelujah!!!!!), I made a lot of progress on the master timeline of True Blue Tuesdays for next semester today (which has been hanging over my head for weeks), my birthday is in 4 days (I'll be 24, weird), and I am so un-stressed about school right now (because of the break this week) that I was able to sit and watch a movie I've been waiting to for a while, with Carrie. It was so great!
The only thing that would make all of this even better would be if I had a man. I would love a guy to hang out with, that just wanted to hang out with me. Someone to cuddle with and watch a movie, or go to a piano recital that I have to for my piano class, and hold hands through the whole thing.

Speaking of guys, Bryant wrote me on facebook yesterday and asked how I was doing, with 2 question marks at the end. I was surprised and pleased that he did, but didn't know what it meant. I kept my guard and just said Hey, I'm doing really well, how are you? He replied today and asked if I'm surviving school. I answered and said Ha, yeah, but the break is much needed and will be very nice. And I asked him how work is going. Then he responded with Work is...work....I'm just struggling being home again... to which I felt bad for, I remember getting home and adjusting and how hard it was. I wasn't sure what he wanted me to say, with his dot dot dot, but I just said It's hard. I know how it feels. I'm sorry. Can I do anything for you? to which he hasn't responded.
Part of me wonders if he is suddenly talking to me because he and his girlfriend aren't dating anymore, or if he's just trying to stay friends and stay in touch..I don't know.
Anyway, I try not to get too excited when he replies or what not. I don't think he's the one..he's just too small, remember?

But also speaking of guys, I don't know if I've ever written about the select guys in my classes or in the BYUSA office that I have slight crushes on, but one of them is Mike, the accountant, in the office. He's cute, but my kind of cute. And it's fun to joke and laugh with him. He thinks I'm funny, and I think he's funny. I would love to got out with him. That could be a lot of fun. Even as much as I don't love dates. I think a date with him could be really fun.
But I saw him today, only for a second, but it seemed like he looked at me, specifically, from across the way.. I'm probably wrong, but a girl can hope, right? Here's to hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment