Sunday, December 5, 2010

I'm thankful for my cold

I have never been so thankful to be sick.
Last week was Thanksgiving and my birthday, and it was so so so nice to have a break from school and TBT and roommates and Provo, and everything. I did NOT want to come back.
But alas, I did, to our apartment with 2 roommates still sick. Tisah and Carrie both had colds before the break, and somehow they still had them, and almost worse. Ironically, the night of the day I came back (Monday), I came down with a cold, and woke up Tuesday morning not feeling so good. I definitely had a cold. Sore throat, stuffed head, the works. Even more ironically, Katie came down with what seemed like the same thing the next day. This thing was contagious! So now there are 4 of us in our apartment that are sick. Carrie was not getting better and got diagnosed with bronchitis a few days ago, and Tisah's cough has not been going away, so she went to the doctor yesterday and got diagnosed with bronchitis too. My cough is getting worse, I just hope it doesn't turn into bronchitis.
As much as I don't love being sick, it's actually been a blessing, and I almost think an answer to prayer. I've been praying pretty much daily for a while now, for Tisah and I to continue becoming closer friends all the time. When she was still sick after the break, I was able to get and bring home some OJ for her, which I was grateful for the opportunity to serve her. And then being sick with her has actually been a very unifying experience for us. Pretty much every day this week, I get up shortly before her, and shower, then she showers, or visa versa, and we both feel yucky and sound awful, and ask each other how we are feeling. It's been like our morning sick report. She's shared some of her OJ she bought with me, she's shared some of her cough drops with me, we cough together (both coughed all through church today), and we feel for each other. We even talk about the color of our snot, and if it's still yellow-ish green or not...:)
But I am very grateful for this cold for that reason alone. It's given us both ways to serve each other and brought Tisah and I a lot closer together in a relatively short amount of time.
Never knew a cold could be such a blessing.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment