Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Week Off, Tending Gurr kids, EFY Week 3!!

So much has happened since the last time I wrote on here! After Week 2 of EFY, which was such a blast, with Weston as a co, and such great girls, and guys, I had a week off and just hung out with family. I stayed mostly at Joe and Sally's, a couple nights at Peter and Lindsay's, Mom and Grandma Froerer were at Joe and Sally's for a few more days while I was off, to help Sally with the new baby. We went to the Alamo, hung out in Sally's nice air conditioned house, watched movies, etc.
That week I also went with Lindsay and the kids to Sea World, which was really fun! I felt like a kid! We just went for a few hours in the morning, to the water park, then home for naptime, then that night we went back, with Peter there, to a couple of the shows--the dolphin show, and Shamu show. They were both seriously amazing! I loved them! I could have watched them for hours! Peter, Joey, and I also went on the "Journey to Atlantis" ride, which was a lot of fun, we got drenched!
Then last week Peter and Lindsay went on a cruise to the Bahamas and around there, and I got to tend their kids while they were gone. Ha. It was quite the experience. I definitely did not realize what I was agreeing to do when they asked me. I still love the boys, but I do not want to be a mother anytime soon, to say the least. They just fight a lot, and you're constantly disciplining, and pulling them off each other, and putting them in time out on the stairs. That was tiring. I just got really tired of disciplining. That was the hardest part of the week. And the kids, Joey and Kimball, are each really pretty good on their own, but together, they can't go more than like 5 min without taking each other's toys or hitting the other, or yelling at the other, or spitting, or doing something to irritate the other into fighting. Ahh! But it really was a good experience, and we did have some fun times, including going to the pool, going to the gym, feeding the ducks at the park with Sally, Caleb, and baby Ella; we played with toys, watched cartoons, made banana bread, played Dora bingo, hung out with Sally and the kids, played outside in the water and with bubbles... it was quite the week. One I thought would never end, but alas, I survived!! :)
Now I am back at EFY, San Antonio 3, and it is so fun! The week started out fine, not as amazing as my last one, but it's gotten so good! Tonight (Wed) was games night, then pizza night, and it has been such a blast! I love my girls. Tonight they were cracking me up, and we were all laughing so hard together, it was so fun! At games night we tied for winner at the cheer-off, which was so exciting! We all wanted to win so much, Tony and I had given in to praying for it...:), and the kids wanted it so bad. So that was way awesome, totally made my night. And then our pizza party also included grapes, ice cream sandwhiches, peanut butter m&m's, and silly bands! Silly bands are these rubber band bracelets that come in all sorts of shapes of different things. They are totally the thing right now, it's pretty funny. But I like 'em. So I got a bunch at WalMart today for the girls, and they were so excited. The funniest thing about our pizza party was how in love with Tony like half the girls are. I was dying listening to them talk about him. I wish I could have filmed the whole night.
One of the highlights of this week has been that Weston is here again. He's so great, I still really like him, or he's still my COW, I should say. :) He asked me to dance last night, and it was so fun. I love talking to him, and he always twirls me at the end of the song, which really does something for me, it's so attractive to me, I don't know why, but I love it. :)
Anyway, I have to go to bed, but I am so blessed. EFY is an amazing experience, spiritually, and not just for the kids. I know I get as much, if not more, out of it, as the kids do. I am so grateful to be here and have the amazing opportunity to be a part of this program. My testimony has grown and I feel like I will definitely go home a better person with better habits. It is so fun to teach the Gospel again and bear testimony so often. I love EFY!

No comments:

Post a Comment