Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to reality...and God's hand in my life.

I went to work tonight at Courtyard for the first time in like 6 weeks, and I was dreading going, but it turned out to be pretty great actually. I worked with some of my favorite people (Rebekah, Holly, Mallory), and this really nice new girl who is an RM, and I got one of the easiest halls (bottom of 3rd). I felt Heavenly Father answered my prayer to have an enjoyable first shift back, because I was dreading it so much--y'know, going back to reality, back to my real job. But it was a great shift and went by pretty fast.
But I was talking to Willie this afternoon (a resident, such a sweet, funny old man:), and he was telling me how amazing his wife was, and how she had everything (i.e. not just beautiful eyes), and how she was a scriptorian and had taught every class in the Church and was an amazing gospel scholar. He said that people would call to ask her questions all the time about the gospel, that she seemed to always be on the phone with people. He said she taught Gospel Doctrine for years and years and years, and seemed to always get that calling in any ward they moved into.
I was so inspired by this, because I want to know the Gospel and the scriptures so well. Yesterday in church someone gave a talk either on knowledge, or they mentioned knowledge or something, and at the time I had the thought, and desire, to study "knowledge" in my gospel study that afternoon (at and since EFY I've really had the goal to have effective gospel study every day, including topic study often, if not daily). So yesterday and today I studied "knowledge" and loved my study of it. I learned, among other things, that the more knowledge we have, the more light we gain, and the more like God we can become.
I want to be very knowledgeable and very studious of the Gospel and the scriptures. After Willie talked to me all about his wife and this characteristic of her, I had to wonder if it wasn't a coincidence that I felt the desire to, and then studied knowledge yesterday and today, and then had that conversation with Willie this afternoon. I feel like Heavenly Father is possibly motivating or inspiring, or prompting me to really study the scriptures and the Gospel, and to really want to have that kind of knowledge.
I feel motivated, like how I get really motivated to work out after watching "Biggest Loser" or "Losing it with Jillian." It's pretty much the same idea. :)
But anyhow, I'm grateful for it all, even if it were coincidence, which I think it's not. Heavenly Father is too much a part of my life, His hand is too much in my life, and I notice this more and more all the time, for which I am also grateful. I feel like few things are just coincidence. There is a God, and He is our Father, and is VERY aware of His children. Of me. All the time. It's absolutely amazing. I just always know I can trust Him, fully, completely. Everything will always work out when I'm doing what I'm supposed to be, and just believe and trust in Him. It's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment