Friday, July 17, 2015

Things are so much better. And a great day today.

So a couple days later Sally called again and we talked again, and she felt bad about how she reacted, and I was able to explain why I was so frustrated by her response and what it sounded like to me, and I also got to just vent about pretty much everything then too, she was a great listener and in a better mood herself, which helped. And we ended up talking for quite a while, and it was really great. We basically caught up, and it was really good to chat. She helped me feel good about not going to Taiwan, and actually got me seriously thinking about going to London instead. There were reasons why I was definitely not going to do London yet still, but I got thinking about it, and I've been feeling good about going, actually, and excited. I'm currently trying to get either Camille or Rosanna to come with me, but Jamie might come too. I broke the news to her tonight that I'm pretty much decided against Taiwan, and I think that's where I will go instead. She sounded more excited about that. Which I may or may not have been excited about myself. Tonight we tried to go to a movie, not because I wanted to, I was SO tired (because of my baby spider fiasco last night in my room and sleeping in the couch for not very many hours because of it), but I felt like she needed some time from me. The movie was sold out, which was fine, so we just chatted in her driveway in my car for a while. And it was good to catch up, it always is, but I just still don't love being with her tons anymore. I wish that wasn't the case. But it is. So I was hesitant to even tell her about my London plan (as long as Peggy and Evan are there then, which I'm still waiting to hear back about), but I told her anyway, so oh well now. But I did tell her that one of my sisters might come, so we'll see what happens. But I've also kind of decided that I'm going regardless of who comes and doesn't come, and it will be great either way.
So yeah, after talking things totally out with Sally, and making things right with her, I felt so much better about everything, and better in general. I've realized that I really just need to vent and talk things out, and then I'm fine. Maybe with some time in there as well. And also, I think not having things right with anyone in my family really affects me, I've also realized/decided. So now, since I've had good conversations now with my parents, Camille, Rosanna, and now Sally, and I feel like they all really know this is hard for me and legitimately care and have let me vent, I feel very cared about and I can move on. But whatever it is, I feel so much happier, happy again in general, and I'm so grateful for that. I hate being sad and bummed. And I've hung out with Camille and the kids yesterday and today, and it's been really fun. Fun to be with the kids, and fun to chat and catch up with Camille and talk to her about some of these things, like the London thing. She was the one that suggested she come, which I was totally on board with, I think it would be so fun, but she didn't know if Jake would let her. Which he already said no. But it was fun to hope for for a day..:)

But today was fun--hiked a short but fun hike (Lisa Falls, up Little Cottonwood Canyon) with Camille and the kids (her four boys + Simon and Rachel who are staying with them while Rosanna and Megan are at camp), then met up with Cheryl, my old roommate and one of my life best friends, for lunch at Zupas (of course, I love that place), which was SO so good. We stayed there and chatted for 3 hours, and it was amazing to see her again and still be so comfortable and be able to talk about everything that's been and is hard for us right now. Her marriage could soon be coming to an end, after 5 years, which is sad, but she has certainly given it her all to try to save. Kyle just isn't really doing his part, it sounds. He's still got some stuff to work through and figure out.
So that was so good to see her, and she lives here now, which I love (she was in Maryland for 4 years), so hopefully we get together more. I basically asked her if she wanted to live together, and she would (oh man, that would be a dream, just me and her, I would love that so much), but if she really does get divorced, it probably won't go through til around December. So she couldn't live with me til then. But she wanted to too. It would be so great. So great.
And then I went shopping at DownEast for a bit right there in Sugarhouse, and got some much searched-for shorts and capris, found some great finds. It's so hard to find shorts that fit me well and that I like. So that was fun.
Then home, had dinner, then the couple hours with Jamie.

I've been really thinking about moving, I feel like I need to, and I've been thinking more and more about it the past few days. Camille suggested this apt complex kind of by them, but by the 215 freeway on Highland, which would be closer to them and fun, and right by the freeway that I could hop on and get to work easy. So I've been thinking more about that today, and I feel kind of excited about the idea. So we'll see what I can find there.

No comments:

Post a Comment