So guess what. I finished nursing school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What?!?!?! Crazy!!!!!!!
Yes, I don't think it has totally sunk in completely that I am done, totally done with school, but alas, I am! I finished about a week and a half ago, and it feels SOO good to be done! I still have to study for, take, and pass the NCLEX, but I would much rather do that than have lots of little busy-work assignments that we've been assigned for the last many months. I did enjoy nursing school, made a lot of really great friends, and learned a lot. Although I joke now that I feel like I didn't learn anything, ha. But in reality, I did learn a lot. I certainly don't feel like I know enough to go be an actual nurse now, but I am confident that will come with time, once I do start working.
So now I am just studying (starting to..), applying and interviewing for jobs, and doing things I haven't had time to for the last while, like cleaning and journaling, and blogging (need to start that soon..). We are also cramming in many fun things here in the last month of summer, now that I have more time (and by "we" I mean Jamie, Wendy, and I). For example, this past weekend Jamie and I went up to Huntsville and stayed overnight at Grandma's (way fun!), and then four more friends (Wendy, Rob, Haidyn, and Nick) came up early the next morning (yesterday) and Bryce took us boating over at Pineview. It was a blast! Bryce was so nice to do that for us, I was so grateful! Holden came too, which was fun to have him along. He didn't say a whole lot, and we couldn't convince him to ski, but he seemed to think we were funny every now and then. :)
So yeah, loving this done-with-school life! I thought I would be more sad or miss it more by now, but it's just been nice. I do miss seeing my school friends, like Maryn and Maggie especially (and Elisa and Jessica), but it still feels like I'll see them again soon. Some of them I may, but Maggie now lives in VA. She moved the day we were done, got in the car after our last final (Spanish), and started driving to VA with her husband, Al. That was sad to say goodbye to her. No tears, but it's a bummer that she's so far away. But we've been texting and I think we'll stay in touch pretty good, she and I. For that I am very thankful. I really like Maggie and really think a lot of her. She and I became really good friends, and I was always very flattered that she liked me so much as a friend. She's beautiful and so nice and patient and forgiving. I love Maggie.
Maryn I will see soon, she is getting married in a couple weeks, so that will be fun to see her at her reception at least (I was hoping to get an invite to the actual sealing, but no such luck. Bummer. But it's okay, they probably have a lot of family coming or something, so no worries.) and we've been texting some in the last few days (she texted me a few days ago and said, "Hey! What's new! I'm having Melissa withdrawals!" It was so sweet, I loved it!), so I'm really glad we're keeping in touch. We also started a friends blog the last day of school (Maggie started it), so hopefully that will help us all stay in touch too. I love those girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment