Monday, August 12, 2013

Best Friends

Jamie and Wendy.
I am so blessed to have these girls as my best friends. I have known them for over a year now, and we have so much fun together and they haven't gotten sick of me yet, which is a blessing in itself. :)

But seriously, they are the best. Jamie is my best friend, but Wendy is a close second. Jamie is 28 (I'm 26 now, close to 27..) and Wendy just turned 32. They are roommates and I am kind of the third roommate. I stay over there frequently, I even have a toothbrush that stays there in their holder on the bathroom counter. We have done so many fun things together this summer, including Ragnar, Idaho for the 4th of July, the Drive-In, snow cones, dollar movies, sleeping outside, many a sleepover, feeding the missionaries, sleeping at Grandma's in Huntsville and boating at Pineview, and many a sleepover. We made this "Summer O' Fun 2013" list at the beginning of the summer, and we have done quite a few things on there. Some things just Jamie and I have done, but it's been a busy, fun-packed summer with these girls. And they have been so supportive of me through nursing school, including making sure to include celebrating my graduation at Wendy's birthday party, since they were on the same day. Jamie even made me a nurse cake to have with Wendy's watermelon cake we made her. They're honestly the best.

Tonight Jamie came with me to the smores party that Kat (in our ward) invited me to. Jamie's brother, Mark, who I love, went too, because he's good friends with Kat's roommates, so we all went over there for a bit, it was fun, met some crazy guys, including one who picked up and cradled Jamie like a baby and kissed her on the cheek..haha. And then we went to my house, grabbed some cookies that were on the counter, threw them in baggies, and then delivered them to and visited Carolyn Clements and Ali (I forget her last name) in our ward, both of whom have been in need today.

Then we went back to Jamie's (with the pitcher of homemade raspberry ice cream I stole from our freezer) and she baked some really yummy cookies real quick that she had the dough for, and we had cookies and ice cream while we all chatted about Wendy possibly buying a house in the near future, my blind date on Tues, them following us there and eating in the same restaurant (ha!), being done with singles wards, needing change, and the frustrations of not finding marriage.

Wendy, like I said, just turned 32, and it's been hard for her, I think she's feeling much older and more anxious to get married. She expressed a lot of frustrations and feelings to us, and cried as she did, and it just broke my heart. I was tearing up with her, because she just wants to badly, SO badly, to be a wife and mother. She desires to be a mom so much, and is so faithful and such an incredible person. She will make an incredible wife and mother, and it is so hard to see her want it so bad and not be able to enjoy those blessings yet. And to not know why.

Jamie has similar concerns, but she is a few years behind Wendy in age. But I found out tonight that she (Jamie) is now fasting every Sunday until she either finds a new job or husband.

We are all happy and have a lot of fun together, but we each have a definite desire to be married. They do stronger than I do, I think, probably because I have been busy with school for so long, I haven't had as much time to focus on or want that as much. But these girls, they are so amazing, both of them. Beautiful, spiritual, educated, fun, athletic, talented, easy going. It's so hard to see them want something so righteous as marriage and motherhood, and not be able to have it right now, and not know why.

But I sure am grateful for the time I get with them, they are two of my very favorite people to spend time with, and I am so blessed because they are in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment