Friday, May 24, 2013

Basement flood, Garrett date, started capstone

I should be going to bed because..well, for lots of reasons, but one being that our basement flooded today, including my bedroom, so I don't really have a bedroom right now. My stuff is literally all over--spread through different places in the house as well as mainly outside.But I don't think anything really got ruined, just wet. A bunch of guys from the ward (Mom and Dad's ward) came over and helped haul everything out (EVERYTHING, including my whole room. Kind of awkward.), and then a bunch of them went and got their shop vacs and came and sucked up all the water in the basement apt. Then they ripped up the carpet, got rid of the yucky carpet pad, set the carpet on a bunch of cinder blocks, and started a bunch of fans to dry it all out, many of which were brought over as well (the fans). People are amazing. And I guess it was like ward or Elders' Quorum temple night or something, and instead of going to the temple, Dan Sharp and others came over and saved us. So nice!! Speaking of which, Dan Sharp is my hero right now. He is the EQ pres in their ward, and is one of the nicest guys! I would LOVE to marry someone like him. He came over when M and D were in TX back in Jan when we got dumped on, to help engrave out the driveway, after Dad had tried to get some help with that. And then he was the first one over here tonight, and he stayed to the end and worked so hard and sweat and sweat. And he is so nice and fun to talk to. A very genuine, selfless guy. I like him.

Anyway, the latest update in my life, I would say is that Garrett and I went on sort of a date last night, and it was even better than I anticipated. I thought it would be enjoyable, but I had kind of decided that he wasn't for me, but would be fun to just be friends with and hang out with, at least until he supposedly is going to move in a month or so. But then we went out last night (he picked me up and we went to Institute and then out to dinner after, and then he just drove around for a while and we talked and talked and talked, I loved that. We talked a lot about his x-wife and the divorce and what happened, more than he had told me via fb chat a few nights before. He has been through a lot.), and I am more impressed with him and more interested in him than I thought I would be afterwards. He said things as we were driving, plus our texting afterwards, that leads me to think we will do more things together. But we'll see what happens.
But today, sheesh, he has been on my mind so much! I hate it! I can't focus on school as much as I need to and it takes me forever to get through homework! :)

The other update is that I started my capstone a few days ago, and I'm excited about the actual clinical aspect, but my preceptor happens to be a quite unfriendly soul, who I will probably never be best friends with. She's a complainer, kind of needs all the attention, her problems are huge and bigger than anyone else's, glass is half empty..that type of person. These types of people drive me crazy and I avoid them. But can't do that this time. But she's a good nurse and she doesn't get frustrated with me or impatient when I ask tons of questions yet, so that's nice. I talked to Joe and Mom about her after my first shift, and they both helped me to have a better perspective, and to just focus on learning from her, and not worry about being friends, or what not. So that's what I will try to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment