I really should be asleep, but there is so much I need to write about (this seems to be a pattern), and life is pretty great right now, and I just wanted to write real quick about a small miracle that happened tonight.
So lately I've been wondering if there really are any guys out there who are good guys, single, who aren't addicted to pornography or haven't had problems with it in the past, and who I could actually date. I've become more accustomed to the idea again (some days, anyway) of being single for..a long time longer. Or my whole life. And it would be okay. It would be really hard at times, but it would be okay. Or at least I can say that now. Things are going really well in my life, I love school, school is so good for me. I love learning and studying and progressing that way. Especially learning about things I'm so interested in. I've also been training for a sprint triathlon that's May 18, which has been really good for me as well. I've been running and biking more, and even going swimming! And this increased amount of exercise feels so good! It makes me feel so good about myself. And then my guitar practicing. I still practice the guitar every day, pretty much, and I love it! I love playing it and learning new songs. I feel like I really could be good at it one day if I keep diligently practicing, which is an exciting thought. Also, I have the greatest friends. I feel so blessed. I have really great friends from school (Maryn, Maggie, Jessica DaCosta, Elisa, and Cydney, specifically--my closest ones), and great friends at church as well (Liz, Jamie, Wendy, Nichole G., Holly, etc.). I just feel so blessed in my life, and I'm so busy, but getting lots done, which I thrive on. Oh, and my job too, I love that (helping Paul, my quad). He has been a regular missionary experience, which I also love and am so grateful for.
Anyway, life is going pretty great right now.
But tonight, I went to fhe, which was country dancing with another ward in the stake, the Winmill ward, and I met this guy named Zack, who I danced with a little bit, and it was fun to dance with him (minus me being sweaty and stinking, especially when I raised my arms, like when he'd spin me..so embarrassing. I have this sweating problem..), but he was a great conversationalist, and we seemed to click pretty well. But then he basically just left me, kind of randomly and out of the blue, when I thought we were having a good conversation. But then as I was hurrying to leave to go meet Maryn to go swimming, I said bye to him, since he was right by the door, and he was really friendly and remembered my name.
Anyway, as I drove home and to the pool, the more I thought about him the more I became interested in getting to know him better. He is about my same height (ugh, again?) and not real thick, but not super skinny either (a plus), but I decided that if everything else about him was great, like the important stuff (i.e. good conversationalist, same sense of humor, likes country music, no problems with pornography, spiritually there, educated, good job) then I would take someone like him, even if he wasn't any taller than me, over being single the rest of my life.
But the greatest part, the miracle of it all, was that I have this new sense of hope! Hope that there are good guys out there! And there still could be someone for me to marry! This truly was a little ray of hope in my forever-single-looking life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment