Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Finally messaged Wes

I need to write about so much more than this, but I messaged Wes last night, finally, and said this:
Hey Wes,
It was good to see you the other day after stake conference, thanks for saying hi.
So I'm not really sure what really happened, but I wanted you to know that I'm okay with everything, and that I hope we can still be friends.
Anyway, I hope work and everything is going well for you,
Melissa

I had seen him after stake conf. in the Assembly Hall, and we were so close to each other it was only inevitable that we eventually make eye contact, which we did, and we both said (mouthed, more like. We couldn't hear each other) hi, and how are you, and good. And that was about it. His eyes looked slightly sad or something, during this exchange, and the whole incident affected me for a good part of the rest of the day. I felt a little sad or something.. Jamie asked me, after we walked out of the Assembly Hall and away from where he was inside, if I hoped for something to happen again with him. I said no, no I didn't, but I felt like my heart wasn't sure, or wasn't agreeing or something. By the end of the day, I realized that was I was feeling was that it just made me miss him. Miss what we had. Miss that. But I re-remembered why I had decided that he isn't the one for me, and since then I've been fine. But I've kept thinking about messaging him, I've planned on doing it eventually, for a long time, if he never contacted me first, and yesterday I finally felt really ready to, really okay with things.

And surprisingly, I've felt great about having sent it ever since! This is a good sign. A good sign that I really am okay with things.

No comments:

Post a Comment