Thursday, January 31, 2013

Email to Hna Necia Dalley--school, capstone ideas, Wes

Necia!!!!! Or Hma Dalley, or Nurse Maria!!! :D haha, I think the whole nurse name is hilarious.

Holy cow, I love your emails! You sound so good, and always so positive and laughing at the less-than-ideal situations you go through, I LOVE it! Totally makes me miss the mission, and everything that comes with it! 

So I sent you a letter, an actual piece of mail, back in the end of December, I think..did you ever get it? I hope so..!

That is crazy all the missionaries that will be pouring in, holy cow!! That is so awesome that you get to be a part of seeing the influx first hand! And don't worry about training, I know you probably don't feel ready, I remember that, I trained after being out for only three transfers, and I was basically almost sick, I was so nervous on transfer day when I got my greenie, but it was such a great transfer! I learned and grew SO much, it was great. And you already know this, but the Lord will certainly help you where you lack, so no worries! Have fun with those greenies who are terrified! :)

And I am totally jealous of your 95 degree weather right now. Not the sweating, but the heat! :) Partly because I'm sitting in our nursing classroom, where it is always FREEZING, but also because (and you've probably heard) this winter has been one SNOWY and cold winter!!! We just keep getting snow storm after snow storm! It's been crazy! I try not to complain, because I am so blessed to have a warm house, clothes, and food, but man, it's getting exhausting, all this snow and cold. I'm certainly ready for spring. :)

So speaking of nursing, school is going great! Just passed the half way mark, which is crazy. I'm in third semester, which is a really crazy busy one, but I'm really liking it! I'm doing a psych rotation right now, at the VA, and it's definitely a different experience than being on a floor in the hospital, but I'm liking it, and liking seeing a totally different aspect of nursing. The second half of the semester will be my peds rotation at Primary's, which I'm really excited for. And right now we are in the process of choosing and getting our capstone placement, which is a big deal, a little overwhelming at times to try to decide what to do, what unit and where. I think I've pretty much decided on a med-surg floor, of either LDS hospital, IMC, or St. Marks or somewhere close. Not sure yet. Any advice on capstone? :)

Dating. For once I actually have something to report in this department. I'm not technically dating anyone yet, but there's this guy in the stake, Wes Malquist, who I've been going out with and hanging out with the last few weeks. He's a really great guy, and I like him, but I have a complete female brain so I think way to far ahead way too fast, and keep freaking myself out about him and what could happen. So we'll see what happens and if I can maintain my composure...:)

Let's see...that's about it, as far as highlights of my life right now.
You are so awesome, keep up the faith and testimony-sharing!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment