So just over a week ago I told Josh. I told him that I'm not interested in pursuing anything more than friendship at this point. Here's quickly what happened:
He was texting me that Thursday after our last date, while I was in class, and I was texting him back, and then he texted and asked if I wanted to go on a date sometime on Saturday. So I knew I had to tell him that day. Initially I thought I'd wait until the end of our next date to tell him, but my good friend (and RS pres), Jamie, in her wisdom, pointed out that if that's all I planned on doing at the end anyway, what's even the point of going out with him. Good point. But I felt like we had gone on enough dates that I couldn't just tell him over text, I had to call (even though almost none of our communication was via phone call, we always texted). So on Thurs, as I was walking to my car from school, I texted him and asked if I could call him, or if it was too expensive from where he was (he was in Puerto Rico for work that week). He said no, it's the same, but he was finishing up a work dinner and could talk in 45 min. But I didn't want to wait that long, I was ready to do it now, and I was walking, which I think is so much easier to say hard things while you're walking; PLUS, I thought, if I call him right now, I could just leave a message! Terrible, I know, but oh well. I would be able to say everything I wanted to that way, and he would know I at least tried. So I texted him and said that now was better for me, so I'd just leave a message.
So then I did. Told him I wasn't interested in pursuing anything more than friendship at this point; but that I really appreciated how well he treated me, and that I was really sorry, I felt really bad. I said, "I know this is cliche, but you really are a great guy."
I felt really bad after, but also felt better. I had been really nervous about it (talk about the worst conversation ever).
He texted me later that night and said, "Melissa, when I saw your text I knew exactly what you were going to say. Thanks for going out with me and giving me a chance. Good luck with school. Josh."
That made me feel even worse, so I of course had to respond. So after some amount of time composing this text, I said, "Josh, you are so great. You deserve someone really great. I'll be honest, I haven't dated a ton of guys, so it meant a lot to me that you wanted to go out with me. Sorry it didn't work out. Thanks for everything."
Haven't heard anything since, which I didn't expect to. I felt bad at first, and Wendy asked me a few days later if I missed him, and I didn't miss him, but I missed having someone, y'know? Having someone care about how my day was, having someone to take me on dates, having someone that wants to spend time with me.
But we never kissed or even held hands or anything, so I didn't have that to miss, so that's a plus... so it's now been over 2 1/2 years since any man touched or held me. (sigh) That I definitely miss.
I'll write about this Art later. He is my last LDSsingles hope. I'm quitting the site when my month is up that I've paid for, my last day is the 18th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment