So as a quick update on the previously mentioned Art, he has yet to show himself. He finally texted me, in the middle of finals, after he was done, and we texted for a few days, off and on (he was often slow to respond), and then I went to Florida immediately after finals, and he texted me a little throughout that trip, and then I didn't hear from him for a few days, so I texted him a couple days before Christmas, mostly just to see if he was still there, and he was. But since that very first time online when he mentioned it, he hasn't said a thing about actually doing something. About meeting, or going out. And he seems like a great guy, from his profile, and things he's said in texts, but I do not love getting to know someone via text. It just doesn't work, not to mention it's really not that fun if you've never met them.
So we'll see if anything ever happens, after he is home from break.
Last night I went out with Rob. Uhh..I wouldn't even actually say it like that. I wanted to go downtown to see the candy windows, and I knew he was going to be around over the break, at least some, because he works, so I texted him and asked if he wanted to go with me. It wasn't a big deal at all, and it wasn't supposed to be. Thus the asking via text.
He came, I drove, and it was actually a lot of fun. It was just so comfortable and relaxing to be with him. It always is enjoyable in that way to be around him. He's a pretty good conversationalist, there was no pressure, we just walked around and looked at the windows, and then went and found this cool nutcracker/ballerina strobe light thing that my parents had told me about, walked some more around City Creek, went inside a couple shops to browse, went and got hot chocolate in the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (he paid too, so nice!), and then walked across the street to Temple Square and walked around those lights and nativity displays. All the while just chatting..about whatever. Our missions, China and the Church, I can't even remember what else. But it was just so great, and so refreshing, to be on such a comfortable, no-pressure date. Just to be with purely a friend. And an enjoyable one at that!
It sounds like this could go somewhere, how comfortable and enjoyable it was. But I don't know..I can't really even imagine kissing him, ha. He was a great gentleman though, always tried to open my door, or hold it open if he went through first. I was pretty impressed with how on top of that he was.
So that's that. Now I'm off to go clean the temple tonight, from 9:45 to midnight! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment