As a reference, my "question" was: Will I get married in this life? And will I ever date anyone again, in any near future, like while I'm still in my twenties?
So I went into GC fully expecting to get an answer to my question. And I was kind of expecting a "yes," as well as any additional information Heavenly Father wanted to shed on the situation.
Well, I was humbled and very quickly answered, in a way, and reminded that I can't always have an answer, or know what's going to happen. In fact, basically never. But that I need to trust in the Lord and in His timing. There were like 3 or 4 talks that talked about waiting on the Lord, trusting in His timing, and being happy where we are. Pres. Uchtdorf's was the first one, and I remember I was getting ready in my bathroom, listening to it on the radio, I think, when he was speaking, and it hit me pretty hard. That no, HF was not going to give me a yes or a no to my question, that wasn't His plan. That wasn't His will. It wasn't time for me to have an answer to that question, but I needed to trust in Him and His timing, and learn to be happy where I am in my life now, be happy in the present, to stop going through life just waiting for the next thing, and then I will be happy, type of thing. It was really good to hear that from one of our prophets, I needed it. And cool thing is that that (and those) talks made a big impact on a lot of people, but certainly for different reasons. Including Mom. She's been very unhappy with her job, and I'd been helping her try to find other ones to apply to online, and after that talk she said, "Well, I guess that maybe I just need to change my attitude about my job!" It was interesting. I felt like Pres. Uchtdorf's talk was for me, but cool how the Spirit works on each of us differently through the same talk, and that they can apply so well to so many people.
SOOO, I'm just trying to be happy where I am, and not try to just wait to get married. And I of course would love to still, or even date someone, heaven forbid, but my life really is so good right now, I have no reason to complain, so I shan't.
But I LOVED Conference this time! I mean it's always great, but this time, all four sessions were amazing! I was awake through all four, which may have been a first. I think it was because I was doing things a lot of the time, multitasking, which definitely helps.
Anyway, it was an awesome Conference weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment