Hey LynAnn!
I have been thinking of you, and wondering how you are too. I'm doing really well. Yes, I was in school all summer, finished my first semester (of 4) at the beginning of August and then just got done with our 2 week break, which was so needed. Did a lot of family stuff and just got things done. The semester went pretty well, but I was sure glad to have it over, it was pretty intense. This semester we start clinicals in the hospitals, and my first official day of clinicals is next Tuesday. This week we've been doing orientation and getting ready to be in the hospitals. I'm slightly terrified, but also excited. I'm at the U of U hospital this semester, and I'm excited to be there, it seems like a really great hospital. As far as liking nursing school..? There are definitely parts that I love, like the friends I have made, and learning more about the medical world, and how to actually do things like start IVs, give shots, start catheters, etc., but also parts I haven't loved, that are just tedious and have felt like busy work. But the good comes with the bad, right? So overall, yes, I like it. I'm really excited for the day that I actually feel like I know what I'm doing (maybe years, but here's to hoping it's sooner..). :)
I miss talking to you too, and I certainly miss Dean. Sweet Dean. I think about him often.
I miss talking to you too, and I certainly miss Dean. Sweet Dean. I think about him often.
Speaking of which, I'm sure you're wondering, so I will just report that no, I'm not dating anyone. Ha, story of my life. But I absolutely love my singles ward, to my surprise, and have made a lot of really good friends there. Mostly the girls are awesome, but there are some good guys in the ward as well. There was one guy who I was incredibly impressed with and interested in, but then he moved to Provo just recently. Bummer. There's another one that I am interested in and we went out last week and had fun, but he seems very shy and nervous about the whole girls thing, so we'll see if anything ever happens.
But how are you doing? I talked to your mom a week or two ago and she said you have been pretty sick, so much so that you had to quit your job! I'm so sorry! How are you doing now? You working again, or taking a deserved break?
And how are you holding up without your dad? I don't doubt it's still really hard.
Thanks so much for the email, I was so excited when I saw it in my inbox!
No comments:
Post a Comment