Saturday, October 23, 2010

On a happier note...Elder, I mean Bryant Pearson

So now that I've updated that part of my life, here's another part.
I'm just gonna come out and say it. I have a pretty big crush on the recently returned Elder Pearson, now Bryant Pearson.
He got back about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and I talked to him a few days after that, and I was so excited, but it turned out to be one of the most awkward phone conversations I've ever had. I concluded that either he's not a phone talker or he was just having a really hard time being home, and decided not to worry about it.
Then this past Sunday was his homecoming, which Shalese (Cordon) thankfully informed me about, and had me ask Bryant about the time and address, so I ended up going up there to it with her (in Bountiful) and it was really good to see him. He did a fantastic job on his talk, I don't think he had anything written, but gave a really great, powerful, testimony filled talk.
*Sidenote: Elder Neil L. Anderson, of the Quorum of the 12, happens to live in his ward, and was there that Sunday, so we got to meet him! It was really neat!
Anyway, at his homecoming Bryant and I hugged like 3 times, once right before Sac. Mtg., once after the meeting, and then at his house as we were all leaving. And I must say, he is really great to hug! I was impressed, especially after being so recently home. But yeah...
So anyway, then tonight was a little Cookeville reunion at the Conley's condo, who recently moved out here to Orem (awesome), and Bryant came down and I went, and it was great to see him. He started texting me about it last night, asking if I would be there, and I said yes, gave him the address, etc., and then just out of curiosity asked him about this girl who was at his homecoming, who Shalese said she saw grab his hand, but then he would let it go, and stuff. He said she and he dated before the mission, and they are kind of dating now, but that he wanted to date around. I texted back something like "gotcha. Well that's cool. She seemed really nice." and he was like "yeah, but I want to date around." I said I supported that, and then he was like "So do you know any girls who would want to go on a date? haha" and I started to get excited, but didn't want to get my hopes up, in case he wasn't referring to me. So I asked him what kind of girl he was looking to go on a date with, and he was like "one I can have fun with, :)" and then after that added, "with good standards, and pretty eyes... haha" and at that point I knew he was referring to me, and I was flattered. In one of his letters when we were writing after I came home, he mentioned that he thought my eyes were really pretty. That was so flattering to me and touched me. I don't get told that by guys very often at all. Anyway, so when he texted that I got really excited. I then said, "are you hinting at something..? Well, whoever you are talking about I'm pretty sure would love to, but I dunno, I guess I'm going out on a limb on this." Then he said something strange like, "Well we'll just see what happens I guess. I'm still scared of girls..." Anyway, we texted a bit more, and I told him not to be afraid, that most of us weren't that scary, and he said it's still weird to have a conversation with a girl not about Jesus, and I said if it would make you feel more comfortable, I'm always up for a Jesus chat. :) He laughed and said he might just take me up on that. Then he again said, "So you will be there tomorrow?" I laughed because I had already told him I would, I thought it was cute he seemed to be making sure. I told him yeah I would.
Anyway, so then today I go, and I was looking forward to seeing him all day, and excited to see what would come of it, and it was fun, he and I didn't talk too much there, because we were all talking together or to others there. I was secretly hoping he would want to do something after, but he rode down with Elder McMillan (Mikey), and I think he had plans for later anyway. But when we were first eating dinner (just after I got there), when I was getting me plate, he came toward me and I said hey, and he touched my arm like he would hug me, but I was pouring water. So I put it down and we side hugged, which was good. Then we flirted a little here and there through the evening, and I could tell he was paying a lot of attention to me, commenting on my socks (Halloween socks) and my earrings, etc., which I really enjoyed. I'm not recently used to such attention though, so it was making me slightly nervous. Plus I kind of like him, and he seems to be at least somewhat interested in me, so for some reason that makes me nervous. I feel like I'm in junior high and have this crush that seems to have a crush on me back. It's silly really. But it's fun. :)
After dinner and some dessert Rachel and Gerald left and the rest of us went downstairs to play a game, and there were these 2 girls there--Sister Conley's niece and her roommate--that were kind of crazy, probably about 19 years old or so. Anyway, we played a game of cards with the Conley girls (Kelly and Sarah) and one of their brothers (Matt?), and then Elder Kim (Alex), Elder McMillan, Bryant, me, and these 2 girls. The game was somewhat fun, but I kind of just wanted it to end because of the atmosphere and the conversations at the table. Not that they were bad, I just would have rather been just hanging out with Bryant and talking to him, or to other adults and had a more adult conversation. I just felt very old and out of place. But the best part was Bryant was sitting next to me, around the corner of the table, and he started texting me during the game. So we texted back and forth for a few min til the game was over, and then a little bit after, as we were all preparing to leave. I eventually was about to leave, and so he gave me a hug goodbye, and it was sooo good! It was kind of a prolonged hug, and such a good hug! It feels so good to hug him. Then his right hand lingered on my left arm as we pulled away, y'know how people do that. And he was like, "We'll be in touch." Then I didn't leave, and a few minutes later he left first and I turned around to say bye and he looked at me with kind of a more meaningful look, I thought, and again said, "We'll be in touch." So then I wondered when he might call me...
Well, after I eventually pulled myself away, being the last one there, chatting with all the Conleys, which was so fun, I went home and stopped at Smith's to grab some milk and bread, and as I was checking out, my phone rang. And it was him! I was pretty excited, and pretty impressed at the quickness of his call. I wasn't expecting a call until at least tomorrow or so.
Anyway, we talked and he asked me, "So when do you want to hang out?"
Long story, and long conversation short, we didn't set an actual day b/c the week is kind of hectic for me, and this weekend he is basically booked (I am his back up plan for Friday..:), so we're probably going to wait til next weekend. I would love to see him sooner, I told him Tuesday night would be the best week night, but I think he left it in my court to decide on weekend or weekday, which was nice of him. He didn't want to inconvenience me with my busy school schedule, etc.
Then we talked for a while about his job he just started and 18 minutes after he called me we hung up (not that I noticed or remembered how long I talked to him for or anything...so I'm a little excited that a boy actually seems to be interested in me, it's been a while!).
It was a great night and I will admit I'm a little giddy. I'm not so sure he's my EC or anything, his shoes are not my ideal shoes (I have a shoe fetish with guys, I basically judge guys, to an extent, by their shoes. The kind of shoes a guy wears says a lot about the person, I think). But he's such a great kid, and he is showing interest in me, I'm letting the shoes fly for now.:)
One of the best parts about the night was that, I think just from hugging him goodbye tonight, his cologne rubbed off on me, and I've been able to smell him on me the rest of the night. I like it, I'm not gonna lie. And I would love to smell more of it in the future...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment