Sunday, September 26, 2010

Life is Good

So it's been about 3 weeks since I last wrote, and just to recap what happened after that last entry--
So Tisah and I talked, had a heart to heart a few days later. It was on a Thurs, I remember, and she had responded to an email I sent to all my TBT committee, and at the end had asked if there was something upsetting me, or something to that effect. At first I was nervous, because I knew I would need to talk to her soon, but later I was glad cuz her asking me about it gave me the opportunity and excuse to bring it up. So that night I was feeling much less stressed about life and TBT and school and everything, which really helped to be able to talk to her not frustrated. So I went into her room after I got home from the day on campus and gave her some leftover candy from our TBT meeting that morning, and talked to her. We ended up talking for probably at least an hour, with crying, laughing, sharing some serious frustrations we each had about life with each other by the end. The irony was that we were mostly just not communicating. She wanted me to tell her what to do for TBT, and she would do it, and I didn't want to tell her to do anything unless she came to me asking, because otherwise I would have felt like I was burdening her with something she didn't really want to do. So we were just thinking oppositely. And there were also miscommunications and misunderstandings that added to it, things she had done, or not done, that I read into and was offended by, that I just misunderstood or what not. We had both had a week of Hell, basically though, because our relationship was on the rocks. I hadn't realized she was so affected, and she told me she had cried a ton throughout the week, which surprised me, because I had too. But I'm not the type to just come out and tell someone what is wrong, that is very hard for me to do. I need to be asked, otherwise I feel like they don't care about what I'm saying. Anyway, so we had both had a really hard week, which was touching to hear, but hard to hear at the same time. It was a really good talk we had though. Probably the biggest step in being better at communicating that I've ever made.
So things have been much better between us since then.
School is good, BYUSA stuff alternates between slightly stressful and really great. I finally got BYUSA certified--passed the test--the other day, which was a big step of progress, cuz now I can order and purchase stuff for our events. Our kick-off is in 2 weeks from this Tues (today's Sun.), and I'm getting a little ancy/nervous, but everything will be okay, it always is.
Work is..well, I'm not really working much lately. I'm still employed at Courtyard at Jamestown, I'm just PRN, but mostly due to my busy school schedule and with BYUSA stuff, I don't have much time to work. But also, something I've never written about on here, I have been SO BLESSED and got grants for this year that cover EVERYTHING. Tuitions, books, rent, food, everything. I still can't believe how blessed I am to have gotten those. There's even more than all that, and I don't feel so tight on money, which is nice. Like I got to go to the Lion King on broadway up in Salt Lake the other night, which was way fun. But yeah, so I thankfully don't actually need to work, and I'm never dying to or anything, so I just haven't been. But I do like the fact that I am employed somewhere. It's a stable thought I guess.
As far as boys...not much to report on. I so wish I was in a relationship. I just watched Step Up last night, and it did not help. We have a good ward, and there are some good looking guys, I don't know many real well yet, so it's hard to really know what kind of possibilities there are yet. I have this little crush on this guy in my Biomechanics class named Garrett Grizzle (ha--Gurr and Grizzle..:), but that's about it. So yeah...
Church is great. I love going to church in this ward. Today all the talks were fantastic, I had wished I had had a pen to write stuff down. And Sunday School was amazing. We've been going to the Marriage and Family prep class, which is taught by Suzanne Scow, the wife of one of the bishopric, and she is fantastic. Each Sunday I feel a little more prepared for marriage and a little less nervous about it. It's great. Not that I'm anywhere close to getting married, clearly, as aforementioned, but y'know, I like to think it's a good possibility sooner rather than later. And I have re-gained a liking for sunday school now, so that's also been great progress.. :)
Anyway, I'm going to go to bed here soon so I can attempt to get up early and get things done tomorrow. That's one of my new goals is to not waste time and get up earlier and get more done in the morning. And to go to bed earlier...we'll see if that ever happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment