Real quick, cause I have to go to bed, I had the greatest thing happen today at the end of work this morning! I've had this little crush on a physical therapist that works on our floor. He is so attractive, seems really nice, is kind of quiet, and really buff. Oh, and he wears great shoes! Nikes. I've looked him up in the past, like earlier this year, when I started noticing him more, and he does seem to be single, at least then, but doesn't seem LDS. Looks like a nice guy though still, even on FB. But I've still always thought he was cute.
So I worked last night, and before I went to work yesterday I prayed that I'd get the chance to say hi to him and re-learn his name. I see him and feel so awkward because I never say hi and I can't remember his name, so I've wanted to relearn it so I could so we could at least have a friendly relationship at work.
And once again, Heavenly Father came through! He got to our floor toward the end of my shift, as we were giving report and such, and he is just so good looking. I just sat there and gazed at him and his buff arms from my computer to where he was sitting at another one. He walked by me once while I was talking to another nurse, giving additional report about a patient, but didn't look at him.
Then, as I was heading to the break room to clock out and clean my stuff and head out, around the corner he walked (I knew he was nearby, but that was a pleasant surprise), and we made eye contact and I was smiling and said hey! He said hey back.
Then when I got to the breakroom I realized my stethoscope was still hanging outside room 14 where I left it (MRSA precautions room) so I walked out to get it, and he was standing right in front of the door, where my orange stethoscope was hanging on the hand sanitizer. I walked up behind him, he turned around and saw me, I was like, "Sorry, I just need this" and grabbed it, and he was like oh you're fine or something, and then in an instant, in my head, I was like, this is your chance! So as I walked away I said, "Remind me your name?" And he said, "Scott. And you are.." and he seemed to be legitimately trying to remember my name, and I told him, and then smiled and walked away.
HE WANTED TO KNOW MY NAME!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still a little giddy about it, but I was ALL smiles after that! I was so stoked!!! I walked into the breakroom and did a silent fist pump in front of me. He wanted to know my name!!!! I felt like if he didn't really care who I was or have any interest, he wouldn't have asked for it, right? Or maybe he really is just that nice, or maybe his mom taught him when someone asks for your name, always ask for theirs, because that's polite. But he seems kind of shy, so.. I don't know, but for now I'm just going with that he wanted to know my name and I'm psyched about it!! The bummer is that even if he actually and miraculously IS interested in me, and he actually ever did something about it, he's not LDS, pretty sure. So...there's that. But it's just REALLY NICE to even feel like it's possible that an attractive guy might think I'm attractive and/or be interested in me! It's just been a really long time, it feels like.
Makes me a little more excited to go to work tomorrow...
And he proabably won't even be there. Ha.
But moral of the story: prayers are answered, people!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment